04 Grand prix Rear Deck Speakers

rockyahfosgate

I have a 2004 Grand Prix with 6x9's in the rear deck what I am trying to do is install alpines all around and what people are telling me is that im going to have to remove the back seat to take the speakers out... Is this true? And if this IS true then could someone tell me in a lil bit detail what bolts and clips to take out and where, to shorten the process... Thanks

i think like every car is like that... takes me like an hour to get my seat out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

on alot of cars, its 2 or 3 bolts at the bottom of the rear cushon, usually near where the seatbelt hooks in, then a latch that you pull up then out on.

I have a 2004 Grand Prix with 6x9's in the rear deck what I am trying to do is install alpines all around and what people are telling me is that im going to have to remove the back seat to take the speakers out... Is this true? And if this IS true then could someone tell me in a lil bit detail what bolts and clips to take out and where, to shorten the process... Thanks

Yup, your going to have to. I have a regal(pretty much the same car). And what you have to do is take out the bottom of the seat first, there should be a black ring on either side at the bottom of the seat to release it. If not give it a pull it will pop up. then you'll have to remove four nuts. The two big ones in the middle will have the seat belt latches on them, and then there will be a little one on either side. Then what you should do is pop the two panels off of the back pillars to make it a lot easier to remove the back deck cover(they will just pop off). then you pop out the clips holding the back deck cover on. All you have to do after that is swap the speakers and put everything back in;)

^^ that covers it exactly. I would deaden the metal around the speakers while you have it all torn out. I got a few rattles when I added subs so I had to take it all apart again to get rid of them. 2000 grand prix for reference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.