03 Ford F150 under seat build

Participant count
  • Participant list

brandinooooo
10+ year member

Woot Woot
My aunt decided to add some bass to her truck after hearing my 18. Goal was to add bass without sacrificing any space since she has a teenage kid and its her daily driver.

Going in -

2 RE RE-X 8"

Alpine mrp-M500

Kicker Wiring all around

LOC (Not wanting aftermarket HU)

Power wire ran

IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0213.jpg

Box

box.png

1.2 cubes after displacement tuned to 35. Designed to fit snug under the rear bench seat.

Got the box done, ran all the wiring, installed the amp, got the LOC installed. Tried the subs for about 10 minutes and I'm pretty surprised. For how much they cost and what they are, they're pretty good compared to other drivers in the same price range and size.

More pics in the morning.

Box pics

IMAG0215.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

Angled area for the seat mount

IMAG0218.jpg

Terminal for easy removal

IMAG0219.jpg

Box ended up sitting too high for the seat so I made 3/4" risers for the seat mounts. I'm carpeting the box tomorrow and then it will be put in. Then I'm going to put the seat back in on the risers.

More to come.

Looks nice!! My friend has 2 REX 8's like those in a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 under the back seat. He has about 115 watts going to each of them and he loves them. How many watts do you have going to them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.