'01 Silverado going to 2 12"s

Awesome build. I need to do a box just like that for my truck. Do you happen to have the dimensions/design?
Oh, and nice truck!
Thanks man! Back at you, I've always liked those wheels you have. Can't recall the name of em at the moment though lol.

I could draw some up kinda. I mean honestly I just drew up a design that showed where/how I was going to make the cuts and attach the pieces. Then I just did the exact measurements part as I went lol.

awesome job can't wait to see it finished!
I'm gonna be giving it to my friend's dad who does upholstery on the side this thursday. And I'm gonna pick it up when I get back from Florida a week from then. He's cutting me a hell of a deal on covering it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I kinda traded some work with him lol, his son has been after me forever to do some little stuff to his truck.

Thanks man! Back at you, I've always liked those wheels you have. Can't recall the name of em at the moment though lol.
I could draw some up kinda. I mean honestly I just drew up a design that showed where/how I was going to make the cuts and attach the pieces. Then I just did the exact measurements part as I went lol.

I'm gonna be giving it to my friend's dad who does upholstery on the side this thursday. And I'm gonna pick it up when I get back from Florida a week from then. He's cutting me a hell of a deal on covering it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I kinda traded some work with him lol, his son has been after me forever to do some little stuff to his truck.
The wheels are BMF's. They were a bit pricey for my winter beater truck, but I just had to have them haha. If you don't have a drawing already don't worry about it, I can just mock it up with measuring.

I'm still figuring out what I want to put in there, but have till fall till I really drive it much.

So you like these 2 12's better than the BL? Are they on the same power? Were you underpowering the BL maybe? Seems everyone says 1 speaker ported will beat 2 sealed...... as I've been thinking of changing from the single 10 SDC on 950 in my car.

The wheels are BMF's. They were a bit pricey for my winter beater truck, but I just had to have them haha. If you don't have a drawing already don't worry about it, I can just mock it up with measuring.
I'm still figuring out what I want to put in there, but have till fall till I really drive it much.

So you like these 2 12's better than the BL? Are they on the same power? Were you underpowering the BL maybe? Seems everyone says 1 speaker ported will beat 2 sealed...... as I've been thinking of changing from the single 10 SDC on 950 in my car.
Oh yes, they're much better. Get louder and sound better at a lot more frequencies. And no, the BL wasn't underpowered or in too small of a box. It had more than reccomended ported volume and ~1300RMS going to it. It just adds up to cone area I guess.

And no, single ported doesn't always beat 2 sealed... my friend has 2 old school 12" RF subs (from like 2001?) in a sealed box in his honda accord, it gets louder and deeper than a lot of bigger systems I've heard. And he's only got maybe 400 watts going to each sub.

Oh yes, they're much better. Get louder and sound better at a lot more frequencies. And no, the BL wasn't underpowered or in too small of a box. It had more than reccomended ported volume and ~1300RMS going to it. It just adds up to cone area I guess.
And no, single ported doesn't always beat 2 sealed... my friend has 2 old school 12" RF subs (from like 2001?) in a sealed box in his honda accord, it gets louder and deeper than a lot of bigger systems I've heard. And he's only got maybe 400 watts going to each sub.
That's been my experience as well, so it's odd to read now all the love for ported. I had 2 eclipse 10's in a tiny sealed box on 4 or 600 watts (ppi, can't recall which exactly) and it sounded great from what I recall (was 12+ years ago).

That's been my experience as well, so it's odd to read now all the love for ported. I had 2 eclipse 10's in a tiny sealed box on 4 or 600 watts (ppi, can't recall which exactly) and it sounded great from what I recall (was 12+ years ago).
Sound quality just seems to be a lot better to me with all the sealed systems I've heard compared to ported. Plus sealed hits more notes while still sounding well.... these MB Quart Reference's still get LOW on the low's too. They easily get lower and make more cab pressure than my 10" BL would.

I dropped the box off today, I should get it back Thursday or Friday when I get back and I'll get some pictures up of it complete.

Done with it. Pretty pleased with the suede //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

2zf96bb.jpg

25ouc7d.jpg

11ch285.jpg

16jrfww.jpg

zswqcw.jpg

4sxs10.jpg

very nice man. i really like the suede
Thank you sir

So I mean are the back seats still "sittable"? It looks like the box is pushing the seat up a little bit
Yes, seat is at factory position. Or at least at the same position as it is when there's nothing under it... idk why, but my rear seat has quite a bit of angle to the bottom. I think it's like that on all of them, though. My buddy's ext. cab is the exact same way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.