New amp not big enough for Kicker L7?

Got it Uhrin?

With that sub and amp you have now, you must wire it as a 4 ohm load because your amp requires either a 4 ohm load or a 2 ohm load, and your sub can not be wired to be a 2 ohm load. And, as you seem to have found out, all this means is that your amp is only gonna put out 330W in that 4 ohm situation.

You could also do this; Buy a 2nd of the exact same sub, wire them to a 2 ohm load. Then your amp will put out 330 watts into each of the two subs.

lulz maybe u blew the sub....did u ever get a weird smell while bumping?
lol, ****, sub is blown... just rewired down to 4ohm and the amp still turns off, but it stays on long enough for me to hear that it's blown. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

lol, ****, sub is blown... just rewired down to 4ohm and the amp still turns off, but it stays on long enough for me to hear that it's blown. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif
1180993442620rk0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.