alt died.. while i was driving.

reclessantics
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SC
so yeah start it up, np, start driving home from work.. notice the batt light came on. (radio was at maybe 25%) so nothing crazy. but i was on the interstate, turned off everything electronic. get off at my exit, have to start breaking and slowly everything stops working.. no brake lights, no turn signals.. so that was fun getting off the road jst before the engine died..

soo need a new alternator. its a 2000 chevy silverado 1500. v6.

i know there are mechman alts, and irragi.. any other suggestions? this is really urgent. thanks

i was in another thread and some ppl gave dc power negative thoughts...

but ill def check them out.

mechman looked awesome.. but way more then i think id need.. i don't want all ths power, (which would be nice) but make the alt die sooner u know?... i don't do comps max id push mayybee 2500 - 3k watts. (max potential at least)

I have a DC Power and it got here fast and it's the best alt I've ever owned. I've had mechman and EA and neither of them impressed me AT ALL. This thing is everything it says it is. BTW you'd need the same alt I have. The DC 270SP. It's the truth.

Edit: I'll sell you a 160amp motor city reman for $100.00 + shipping.

i was in another thread and some ppl gave dc power negative thoughts... but ill def check them out.

mechman looked awesome.. but way more then i think id need.. i don't want all ths power, (which would be nice) but make the alt die sooner u know?... i don't do comps max id push mayybee 2500 - 3k watts. (max potential at least)
from what ive seen if you want a DC power it takes about a month+ to get it, so might not work in your case if u need it quickly.

the only reason id get something thats outrageous, is becuase i wouldn't want to work it at 100% all the time.. so it won't get burned out, just keeping up.. does that make sense? or a stupid thought?

been there done that...mine died on like the coldest night ever,like -20 and it was 11pm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

reclessantics

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
reclessantics
SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date