lanzar opti

i can support it, i mean for my bc3500, at idle playing full tilt, i stay above 13.7v which is good voltage to be at idle. what i meant about the opti4k, if you dont maintain 14.4v while playing it wont last long at all.
If its about idd say 13v or higher it would be fine even the 12's but like 10's,9'sv like used in a burping setup when the battries get low on voltage. classes where u can't turn the car on than an opti amp wouldn't be for you even say a dc wouldn't you would need something like ia40.1. daily playing in 13-16v the amp will perform as told with a clean signal and mine never get warm most the time they stay ice cold btw letting all you people kno on clamped 10k of power 2 dc level 5 18's In a Tahoe sealed on the dash I'm doing a 154.3db at 37hz

If its about idd say 13v or higher it would be fine even the 12's but like 10's,9'sv like used in a burping setup when the battries get low on voltage. classes where u can't turn the car on than an opti amp wouldn't be for you even say a dc wouldn't you would need something like ia40.1. daily playing in 13-16v the amp will perform as told with a clean signal and mine never get warm most the time they stay ice cold btw letting all you people kno on clamped 10k of power 2 dc level 5 18's In a Tahoe sealed on the dash I'm doing a 154.3db at 37hz
I dont do burps but if i did. I know mine wont drop to no 10 or 9v.....

Okay, don't hate on me for this....not really a newbie, I've been coming to this site for a while w/o posting.

But it's funny that when it comes to Lanzar, the "majority" of those that bash the brand are the ones who haven't used Lanzar first hand, but can report the bad they've heard from others...and those that have used the brand don't really have the same kinda of horror stories. No company is perfect, they all are gonna have product failures of some type and especially if not used properly.

As for pricing, and I may be wrong, but I would guess that market demand as well as advertising and/or affiliations/sponshorships may have something to do with that. Companies have to make up this money somewhere.

IJS

Last edited by a moderator:
just seems that a $250 amp with 120a fusing wont put out 2K, guess i was just hoping for a better review

I have been running Lanzar Opti Drives since 2004 and if the 6000D or 4000D get below 11volts they will fry. I've blown two when I was sponsored by Lanzar. But for the price they are kick *** amps. And if you keep the volts up they are really good amps.

My wife and I both have won two world titles using Lanzar 1535's and 6000D amps.

Lol have you ran newer opti? I have 2 opti7001d I run 2 dc level 5 18's so I'm a huge dc fan but I had dc5k's before there both rated at 5k @ 1 and the lanzars are .1 db louder then my 5k's where and I saved about 600$ so I don't really see where your trying to get at
I didn't realize I had been unclear.

What I'm getting at is the 2001 is clearly significantly over-rated, and that Lanzar's practices regarding the specs on the Opti line seems to be loosening up as each new line comes out.

The 7001 looks like a whole lotta' amp for the money.

so basically the opti suks?
No - but it looks to me like they're getting more and more "creative" with power ratings on some of their (assumed to be "quality") amps with each release.

Any issues I've had with Lanzar regarding my personal equipment has always been dealt with professionally (only problem I've ever had was with an old vibe1200d).

If you google my UN and "optidrive" and you'll see I've been defending lanzar for the past 10 yrs just because I think the blanket "flea market junk" label stemming from vibe/heritage etc is largely undeserved. In my experience their cheaper lines are typically reliable -- just not accurately rated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I'm glad to here from an actual user (as I am)...but that's a perfect example of the equipment not getting what it needs to perform it's job...and it would make great business sense that if the competition could perform under those circumstances that over the years Lanzar would try to improve thier product in order to compete, but who knows? At the same time, does the amp burning up at that voltage make it a "bad" product? Just give it what it needs.

Hell it's a coin toss...what if that $250 amp does get the job done better than expected, then you've made a great choice.

Thanks, I'm glad to here from an actual user (as I am)...but that's a perfect example of the equipment not getting what it needs to perform it's job...and it would make great business sense that if the competition could perform under those circumstances that over the years Lanzar would try to improve thier product in order to compete, but who knows? At the same time, does the amp burning up at that voltage make it a "bad" product? Just give it what it needs.
Hell it's a coin toss...what if that $250 amp does get the job done better than expected, then you've made a great choice.
That's why I said in my post keep the voltage up and those amps will work great. I still sale the opti drives I just let people know that if you don't have the voltage for these big amps then you don't want the big amps. I do see their new line of opti drive say they run down to 9volts which would be an improvement over the Opti drives I have. I've had competitors say I'm the only person they have seen get the Lanzar brand loud and win titles with them. I love the Opti drive. Hell my wife and I even named our late dog Lanzar because I've been running the Opti drive since 1995.

That's why I said in my post keep the voltage up and those amps will work great. I still sale the opti drives I just let people know that if you don't have the voltage for these big amps then you don't want the big amps. I do see their new line of opti drive say they run down to 9volts which would be an improvement over the Opti drives I have. I've had competitors say I'm the only person they have seen get the Lanzar brand loud and win titles with them. I love the Opti drive. Hell my wife and I even named our late dog Lanzar because I've been running the Opti drive since 1995.
Good to see you on the forum ed......

I lost my password and could not get on for a while. but I saw a opti drive post and had to reply....
lol.... the opti4k's have my interest. i would love to actually try one out but i want the 4k to be @ 1ohm not .5 ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.