lanzar opti

Like I stated earlier, I can't imagine many amps going that low and an individual should be ashamed of themselves for letting their voltage drop like that. And I like the dog name

I felt the same way when I saw the OPTI post and it hit a nerve to see another basher of Lanzar report what they heard ...glad you're here, I thawt i was the only OPTI fan around.

I felt the same way when I saw the OPTI post and it hit a nerve to see another basher of Lanzar report what they heard ...glad you're here, I thawt i was the only OPTI fan around.
just curious....... is this in reference to me?

The amp can do 2k with 120amp draw...
anyways OP the opti2ks will put out 2k @ 14v
have you ever had a math class?

That's simply not possible.

I'm sure it's a reliable 1200-1400w amp -- with 1/2 ohm stability to boot.

If it's capable of 2000w continuous at 14v while not requiring more than 120A then lanzar has just solved humanity's energy crisis since this amp would have an efficiency of nearly 120%.

By running this amp you don't even need an alternator. It can recharge the battery while blasting out 2000w worth of audio power...amazing!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbcool.gif.25d3f515a7f948dd6be51428263071ef.gif

@ bgowdy31...yes and no, don't take it as an attack because you really didn't bash them, it was just that the reporting what we heard happened to someone else and

the comments of low quality ("Chinese-ifying" I liked one that n2audio) of the products that always draws my attention. Like I stated before, I'm not new here and I've seen alot of negativity towards Lanzar by non-users...there's not a lot of post about Lanzar on here, I guess due to it's lack of popularity so this topic got my attention.

[quote name='rumble00']@ bgowdy31...yes and no, don't take it as an attack because you really didn't bash them, it was just that the reporting what we heard happened to someone else and
the comments of low quality ("Chinese-ifying" I liked one that n2audio) of the products that always draws my attention. Like I stated before, I'm not new here and I've seen alot of negativity towards Lanzar by non-users...there's not a lot of post about Lanzar on here, I guess due to it's lack of popularity so this topic got my attention.[/QUOTE]

honestly. i made a mistake with the info i heard. see i personally know @sirsavealot; and he is the one that i "thought" that i heard the 14.4v thing from but i was wrong. he cleared that up earlier in the thread he said if it drops to "11v" it will fry. so that was my bad, i heard him say that a couple years ago lol so i could remember exactly what he said.

have you ever had a math class?
That's simply not possible.

I'm sure it's a reliable 1200-1400w amp -- with 1/2 ohm stability to boot.

If it's capable of 2000w continuous at 14v while not requiring more than 120A then lanzar has just solved humanity's energy crisis since this amp would have an efficiency of nearly 120%.

By running this amp you don't even need an alternator. It can recharge the battery while blasting out 2000w worth of audio power...amazing!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbcool.gif.25d3f515a7f948dd6be51428263071ef.gif
ok perhaps your right..... so answer me this....... the "DB DRIVE PD2000.1" is rated 2000rms @ 1ohm. it says fuse for 160 amps..... at 1.6 ohm the amp clamped 2496rms. at .5 ohm people have got 3k+rms clamped from.

ok perhaps your right..... so answer me this....... the "DB DRIVE PD2000.1" is rated 2000rms @ 1ohm. it says fuse for 160 amps..... at 1.6 ohm the amp clamped 2496rms. at .5 ohm people have got 3k+rms clamped from.
And at 2500-3000w it's drawing ~300A, there's just no other way to get that much power given a car-type (12-14v) power supply.

If you have an amp that does ~2000w @ 1 on a test bench playing tones -- no problem at all staying well below 160A playing music in a car. It would be more like 80-100A with split-second bursts to ~150.

DB Drive's fuse suggestion is going on the wild assumption its typical use won't be constant full volume test tones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.