JL or Image dynamics

Go listen to them or find friends that have them and get what you want. Don't ever listen to other people about sound. Go check it out in person yourself because then you will be happy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

well i ended up picking up 2 kicker 15" comps and a (I know dont say anything)Power acoustik 1440 amp for 150.00 subs are about 2 months old as well as the box. They hit pretty hard but they have no SQ at all. I am selling the subs and the amp for 450.00 and im going to order 2 IDMax 12's off of Ebay probably. I am looking into getting a JL 1000/1 amp to power the 2 12's. But i need some advise. This is going into the back of my 2003 Taurus. Problem is even the el cheapo Power Acoustic amp is Dimming my headlights pretty bad at night, but i cant find a higher output alternator. I am going for SQ over SPL but i do want it loud but my concerns are the alternator right now. A JL1000/1 is gonna kill my ALT.

Get one twelve or 15 and put it in a good ported box. It will have good SQ and get plenty loud without the need for so much power. Do the Big3 and get a better battery (Optima, Kinetik, even one of the Duralast Golds from Autozone) and you'll be fine

Im not sure if you guys know what i mean as in loud but if its not making the wipers jump off the front windshield then its not loud enough for me. But like i said i am going for SQ though but LOUD!

Im not sure if you guys know what i mean as in loud but if its not making the wipers jump off the front windshield then its not loud enough for me. But like i said i am going for SQ though but LOUD!
Overwhelming bass and SQ are contradictory to each other. However, you can get plenty loud off of one 15 in a good ported box. I guarantee it will be louder than 2 12"CVRs in a sealed box off of a crappy amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.