dtp
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
new york
hi guys need some advice

i found one of my old subwoofer i thought i sold it a while back

its a mmats jug 15 the one with the 12 spokes

being packed away the cone is old and spiders are looking old

so i was thinking to take this subwoofer and do a total do over by adding a bigger motor to it putting new cone and coil

i think the coil is rated by 1400-1500rms this the jug frame that has 2000wwats write on the back plate

i called the mmats local dealer he said that he has a motor upgrade for the jug basket

i am thinking about using a atomic apxx coil on the jug what u think

use a atomic apxx coil or a dd 9900 coil i dont know what to use

and should i use mmats cone or try another company if anyone can help me please help me out with what parts to buy to put in my home project

the mmat local dealer told me their is a 3000 w jug kit that handle more power and the motor it 1.5 times bigger than my motor at present is this true i look at the mmat wed page did not find anything

So basically the only thing you are using from the original woofer is the basket?

Most people start with a motor and go from there.

Not any old coil will work with any motor. Winding height and diameter of the coil itself will determine whether it will work with the motor in question or not. Best bet would be to contact someone who has worked with whichever motor you choose and have them make you a recone kit.

Generally any good company has a good cone and surround. Same for spiders and whatnot.

If this is your first recone I wouldn't suggest buying it piece by piece.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.