new/old type r question

Participant count
  • Participant list

tyler_fitz
10+ year member

They call me Weezer
Is there any way you can tell the difference between an older type r and a newer one?

the reason i ask is because a guy i know bought one off ebay for $50ish plus shipping, he said he would sell it to me for $50.

im skeptical because i've never seen a new type r on ebay for anywhere near $50 (at least one that was a "buy it now") and this kid is a retard. i asked him why he is selling it... "because i only have one type r, i would rather keep my two pioneers than have just one sub." and those pioneers are major pieces of junk... powered by a visonik amp... in the shittiest box ever...

so once i take a look at it to see if its not a used up pos, i'd like to be able to tell if its an older version type r...

Yea, easiest way to tell is the surrounds.... Older models had a smooth surround (like most woofers) and the new one's have like 3 indentions (like almost like layers??), hard to explain.

Yea, easiest way to tell is the surrounds.... Older models had a smooth surround (like most woofers) and the new one's have like 3 indentions (like almost like layers??), hard to explain.
I think you mean an accordian type surround

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.