Grand Prix owners, let me see you setup

I was, I am taking a year off of school right now and working at FedEx back home in Evansville, but I make pretty regular trips up there to see friends. Should be heading back up there after I get the new setup installed.

Note: Awesome pictures and suggestions everyone. Anyone know how large of a kinetik can fit under the hood in my/our Gen GPs? Can a 2000 fit up there? All help is greatly appreciated and seeing a 147 with a single 12 setup gives me even more confidence that this setup is going to be insanely loud for a trunk car.
Your going to need alot of deadener. Ive managed to break both of my stock 6x9 adapters for the rear deck as well as the 3rd brake light and Im working on rattling the rear seat side wall panels off just under the half glass.

Note: Awesome pictures and suggestions everyone. Anyone know how large of a kinetik can fit under the hood in my/our Gen GPs? Can a 2000 fit up there? All help is greatly appreciated and seeing a 147 with a single 12 setup gives me even more confidence that this setup is going to be insanely loud for a trunk car.
Under the hood your limited, I have tried it all, not much more room without tray modification, and you would have to wedge it in there. I would put 1800 under there. You maybe could do Batcap 2000, but it isnt needed. I had Yellow optima up front and Batcap 800 in the back with 2000.1 and 100x4 Autotek. Have seen GP with Sundown 3000 and 1800 in the back and front.

Your going to need alot of deadener. Ive managed to break both of my stock 6x9 adapters for the rear deck as well as the 3rd brake light and Im working on rattling the rear seat side wall panels off just under the half glass.
Well the funny thing with the 6x9 part is that I am thinking about removing the 6x9s and putting aeros in their place for my port. But I have a 5 gal. bucket of liquid sound deadener and have already allotted some of my budget for more. I still have some left over stinger roadkill but that will more than likely go on the front doors since they still have a rattle with my midbasses in there. Trust me, I am looking at every aspect of this build to make sure nothing in that car will vibrate at all. Thinking about getting another bulk pack of stinger roadkill for my additional deadener, but I might just go with a shop pack of Damplifier pro and go all out and cover everything.

I am reviving this thread to ask people about a kinetik up front or any other battery without side posts. Is the stock wiring long enough, ie has enough slack, to secure it on a top post, or do I need to fab up some kind of L bracket so I can screw in the stock wiring on the side still and screw down my 1/0 wire up top. I might do the fab anyways because I am doing two runs of power and ground from the front batt and it might make it a bit easier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

captaincheesey

10+ year member
Change is Inevitable
captaincheesey
Evansville, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date