Give me some comment i just tested a subwoofer i am producing

I just look up Borat - and it look kinda fun . and to bring a smile to everyone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

here some photo of Borat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if it can lighten up the topic abit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

borat_l200606301554.jpg
borat-arrival1.jpg

153712__borat_l.jpg

here a sexy cheer leader i found when searching for Borat

9.jpg

hey do this guy have anything to do with Ali G ? cos he look like Ali G

i can't believe that i just read this whole post..........what i'm struggling with tho is if you have "a guy with more than 20 years experience" building a "so-called custom sub" for you.................................why in hell would you need us low-lifes to design a **** box for it to go in? Do you think the Fi boys got on here and asked us what box would work best for a BTL? Hell no.......Mike @ Soundsplinter never called me to ask what box his subs should go in.

In order to be somewhat credible in this world, and even more-so to be profitable, you have to have a marketable product (not good, just marketable) which yours is NOT, and you at least need an experienced staff, which if you can't even come up with a dammm box design............................................................... get the point here pal?

part of the reason i ask for a box here is i want to see how End user react and what kinda Box is bring produce

if anyone can give me their design base on the data i give

i would be mor ethen happy o try it and find out - what the outcome .

Like i had said in one of the post -

not every user follow a factory spec to the dot.

while i am not looking for end user error - i am also open to suggestion and idea .

a direct feedback from reader and user would be great .

like i said i had not figure out how i am going to market the market the product -

first i got to get it into production first if it i do consider producing this deisgn ..

there is also a few other design which i had prototype . like the round one

I thanks you for your comment . and bring it up that i should know my product more .

and i agree - with you on many aspect

Thanks you bonesninja for your value comment -

i am a starter - and i will feedback from end user

even one day if my product do take off i will still get value feedback from end user

cos the user is really the SOUL of all product without the feedback and support a product is just another object without meaning

Thanks

and keep the comment coming

Who is this ?

I am just a guy having fun

I insatlled my first car audio system 9 month ago - after 2 month of getting lousy product . and over rated AMP -

i venture into finding what i want -

by chance i come across a very helpful Old guy who teaches me everything he know and share with me his understanding of subwoofer production .

so i invested a small amount of money and started off with a few subwoofer prototype - the intention is to use it for myself and not sell it .

but so far i had some request and shop expressing interest -

like i had said i had not make up my mind if i wanna produce it commercially or keep it just a pet hobby .

to produce 10 -20 pcs maybe easy but to bring it to a large scale and branding and marketing will be another story .

for the time being . i am just having fun i would say //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i had also produced

6.5 " component - using peerless tweeter which go as high as 40khz

i got a few 8 " in different config

as well as 2 set of 10 " DVC and SVC - testing out difefrent magnet size .

one of it have a 200oz magnet and wire at 2 ohm .

i also playing with some Nano ceramic core i got .. and some firber core .

i am testing copper voice coil which handle power very well .

and so on ..

i am still learning

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks you audiobahnuser18for the comment

i will talk to the factory to see what i can do to make it look more different .

comment noted

1) Keep it square and market it for its output abilities (and design it as such), because frankly 'SQ' guys dont really care about more cone area those corners give, 'SPL' guys do.

2) Make it round and continue to try and market it according to its 'sound' (SQ).

If you chose number 1, lose the ribbed corners or find out how to use them legally (improvements/changes)... if that's possible. Personally, Id just go with a round speaker. *shrug*

You are taking the criticisms in this thread very well, I commend you for that.

edit: Borat and Ali G are the same actor

I just look up Borat - and it look kinda fun . and to bring a smile to everyone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
here some photo of Borat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if it can lighten up the topic abit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

borat_l200606301554.jpg
borat-arrival1.jpg

153712__borat_l.jpg

here a sexy cheer leader i found when searching for Borat

9.jpg

hey do this guy have anything to do with Ali G ? cos he look like Ali G
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Very nice how much

GL with your sub thing osix, keep plugging away!

Thanks you audioholic

criticisms is importance for one to improve . good or bad it will give you a view of how everyone think differently

Your comment is by far of most value to me .

and i will seriously consider changing the rip design -

is not as easy as just buying another RIM to fit on the sub -

i will also double check it i violated any term or design by using so .

so far according to the OEM factory that supply use the parts -

this is his design .

he have a range of design and this is what i had choose .

considering a few factor

and the two most importance factor which i pick

is Outcome and balance .

i can easily get a more beefy looking RIM . but it would counter other parts and design . breaking the balance the sub need .

i do have Round SUb -

if i recall the data correctly

12 inch DVC

4 Ohm

800rms

1600watt max

we run it at 2 Ohm for 3 hour without problem

feeding it about 928wrms

Kapton coil coil

Paper core

100 oz magnet

Sad to say i run out of parts after i produce only 4 pcs .

had just back order some parts and waiting to see if i can fit a 65mm copper voice coil to it

May reconfig the voice coil for 3 ohm o 1 ohm

tested using a 1500 rms Amp

pardon if i ask

what is GL ?

Get lost sound Cool as well

Thanks you Nolimit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

sometime one got to lost himself in order to find out what he need and want

all I gotta say is WOW...

If a factory is building these for you, you better re-think this as well as the factory. IF you produce this driver, with that cone and ribbed corners, you could be sought after for legal action. While we did not patent the shape, we did patent the ribbed corners.

Whom is building these for you?

I am here waiting on a response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.