Give me some comment i just tested a subwoofer i am producing

Would like to hear all kinda comment .

While kicker is a great brand

if i am going to make this a product for sale in the future

i would also want to respect other brand .

my focus is of cos having fun and making money at the same time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so please free feel to give me you comment

Yeh - i was checking with the factory the patent is on the Sewing - around the Core . That what i know . cos that the only diffrent from kicker and the other Subwoofer . that is square around .

like i said my focus is on the Sound .

The sub by caculation shoudl handle about 700-rms

So far we had tested it on 500 rms . running it for 2 hour .

smoke start to come out when we boost it to 800rms .

we tested it 900 rms . and it run for another 1 hour before it sound real bad and smell real bad :p

so i shoukd be rating this as a 500 rms sub . to be safe .

would love to hear more and thanks for the comment

I try to caculate it with WINSD the result is

42.89 suqare feet

25.31 tuning fq

i am worrying that i got some error reading anyone can help out

cos this is Square
one of the reasons y the sub started to smell bad is 1 of a few things but tha main thing is the Kapton Voice coil ....its former is made of plastic and with that kind of heat generated it melts easily...try to get some aluminum formers and u should be able to increase the power handling

The VoicE coil now is using a aluminum former and is 50mm

The reason for a 2 inch voice coil is it tested best with the sound .

i tested it with kapton but the aluminum sound better .

The reason why it start to smoke at 900 rms . i think is also due to the aluminum

While kapton can handle higher power it also depend on what Kapton you use .

the one i tested with is from dupont .

so i should have no problem going as high as 1000 rms .

i had just order some copper former from denmark .

for my other sub project .

should be able to go as high as 1200rms . but the core will be paper

i am also trying to get paper core for the Square sub .

part of this post is also trying to see some feedback for me to consider ..

while all is in the process of design

this is one of the 4 speaker which i had got hold of the photo and product prototype

the AIm is of cos to create my own brand and a subwoofer which is a class of it own .. be it price or sound .

i will of cos look into the design more to different it from the kicker product .

As Square sub is easily mistaken as kicker only product .

so the best way is to focus on the sound

I had place alot of focus on the voice coil and of cos the type of glue i use .

as well as getting a good SQ

Most music i tested for this SUb is Trance , Hip hop , techno , big band , blues ,

all with very good sound . and result - but as a started i crave for more power .

and is also in the process of giving the subwoofer more control and higher RMS .

One of the different i know is that Kicker 12 inch use about 70-80 oz of magnet

My sub use 50 oz X 2 = 100 oz

-

Why square? If its all about the 'sound' again why square?

That square cone adds nothing to improve the SQ, and certainly adds some limitations/drawbacks. So again I ask, why square?

Lastly, yes it looks extremely similar to a Kicker. Unless you can 1) show a significant performance increase over them, or 2) show similar performance for less money, you really have no niche in the market (already filled).

You keep talking about making these things, and wanting 'respect' from the other manufacturers. First off, you wont get alot of respect having to ask on a message forum for people to do your calculations. Second, you will NOT get ANY respect if you continue using patented technology on your subwoofer. You might get a lawsuit however.

Good luck, and for pete's sake just make the thing round. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Well there is no special reason as to why Square .

cos the option i had is ROund and Square

I started with Square and is on the process of doing Round one

Square have a large surface and can push more air .

Caculation wise is i would want to get mroe feedback . and see how end user react .

is just part of the info i try to collect .

not every user follow to the dot of the spec gaven by the producer .

plus am sure there is many way of doing up a box or tuning .

so i am open for option .

Respect wise . most factory would give you little , cos in simple term more product mean another market share .

well .

kicker is a good brand . and many other .

as a small production . my focus is less on look now . so alot is basic .

notthing fancy yet . so what you see is what i am able to get hold of

and at the same time . all the subwoofer now is hand made of cos

and will nto change the direction of hand making it in the futrue

and will keep it a small production

i am also in the process of coming up with a brand .

Every design will have it limit -

Square have it limit but have it pro and con if i would place it .

well i am not that technical . but i am sure if you have any question .. i would try my best to answer it . with the help of the factory of cos . The person i am working with had been doing Speaker for mroe then 20 years and he sure teaches me alot and help out alot on the process of making this sub ..

Price wise i had not consider also .

This prototype cost me about $400

but when i can produce them i would say maybe in the $150-200 range would be

my target range

This start off as a project just for fun .. and it really fun as it taking shape and making some progress

in fact i had some who had pm me and express interest but i am sorry that it might still take at least a few more week before i am fine tune and consider if i am making production -

will post up the Round sub soon when i got more time

This would of cos be part of my consideration that The sub i am going to produce do not get me into trouble

after all i am after profit and fun .

while Stillwater have some patent on some of the design .. stillwater do not own the Square subwoofer design itself .

and i am sure there are a few brand out there making Square subwoofer .

anyway - just enjoying the process and is happy with the test result so far .. hope i can get more ffedback about the data and so on ..

and of cos if you have any suggestion on how to improve this sub would be nice

This would of cos be part of my consideration that The sub i am going to produce do not get me into trouble after all i am after profit and fun .

while Stillwater have some patent on some of the design .. stillwater do not own the Square subwoofer design itself .

and i am sure there are a few brand out there making Square subwoofer .

anyway - just enjoying the process and is happy with the test result so far .. hope i can get more ffedback about the data and so on ..

and of cos if you have any suggestion on how to improve this sub would be nice
Again its not the square woofer design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.