Participant count
  • Participant list

HennyGod

CarAudio.com Recruit
Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 10 inch

Budget:500 but can push to 1000

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): not sure

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): 33.5 cubic feet in trunk with seats folded up

Goals: something that can knock the wind out and I want you to hear me coming

Listening habits: I listen to everything except that techno dance crap

Preferred brands/subs/whatever:

Its not just the sub and the amp
The box is just as important plus the wires too
Your HU only has 2 volt pre outs so if you want to get the most out of your amp your going to need a line driver at the very least
IT would defiantly benefit you if you could build the box yourself
I guess its doable for $1000 but you get what you pay for
Better to buy it in stages and not have to replace things when they don't preform

Its not just the sub and the amp
The box is just as important plus the wires too
Your HU only has 2 volt pre outs so if you want to get the most out of your amp your going to need a line driver at the very least
IT would defiantly benefit you if you could build the box yourself
I guess its doable for $1000 but you get what you pay for
Better to buy it in stages and not have to replace things when they don't preform
I can change everything if need be I’m not in a rush and can always by piece by piece only but I can’t build the box don’t have a place or means to do it.

2004 Honda Crv
Using a pioneer Avh-211ex
Do you have the standard 525 CA battery under the hood? I had a 99 and an 01 CRV in the past. I think you have the 90 amp alternator standard as well. id have look it up, but prett sure. I took the existing air box off and put a short cold air intake in so that I could get a Group 34/78 AGM battery in there. HU is 2v rca out. Its cheap enough to add a pre-amp EQ for under $100 bucks to get your signal voltage up towards 5+v that will be very beneficial. Getting the Big3 done will deff be needed. You will not need to do the ELD bypass with adding another battery in the rear of the same size to keep your voltage up on lower notes and longer playing times as the ELD will kick in to conserve fuel as it is intended to do. I ran a pair of heavy tens ported @32 Htz on approx 1750 rms and 100x4 on mids and highs with a Kicker KQ9 pre-amp eq on a single din Kenwood and it slammed pretty good. The front door panels have to be cut quite a bit of the plastics to get most 6.5s to fit. recommended to deaden the front doors from road noise for sure.
You can prob get by with a single 10 or 12 on 1k with battery upgrade, Big3 for about $600 range. Maybe a package from CT Sounds? Ill see whats available

This would sound good and be within your budget...parts-express has really good customer service and that dayton sub has a 5 year on it

Do you have the standard 525 CA battery under the hood? I had a 99 and an 01 CRV in the past. I think you have the 90 amp alternator standard as well. id have look it up, but prett sure. I took the existing air box off and put a short cold air intake in so that I could get a Group 34/78 AGM battery in there. HU is 2v rca out. Its cheap enough to add a pre-amp EQ for under $100 bucks to get your signal voltage up towards 5+v that will be very beneficial. Getting the Big3 done will deff be needed. You will not need to do the ELD bypass with adding another battery in the rear of the same size to keep your voltage up on lower notes and longer playing times as the ELD will kick in to conserve fuel as it is intended to do. I ran a pair of heavy tens ported @32 Htz on approx 1750 rms and 100x4 on mids and highs with a Kicker KQ9 pre-amp eq on a single din Kenwood and it slammed pretty good. The front door panels have to be cut quite a bit of the plastics to get most 6.5s to fit. recommended to deaden the front doors from road noise for sure.
You can prob get by with a single 10 or 12 on 1k with battery upgrade, Big3 for about $600 range. Maybe a package from CT Sounds? Ill see whats available
Addition too.You will have to get about 8-10 ft of 1/0-0ga wire and some Lugs to do the big 3 your self as the alternator is down quite a bit lower than most vehicles to get from the alt to the battery. Rest can be done up high and use a strut tower bolt and the side of the motor. Rear Ground can be done on rear seat bolt cleaned off ofr much better drill a hole and go to the rearend.(Best solid ground). USE ALL OFC not CCA or Tinned wire!!.
Get a Parametric EQ not a reg EQ. Clarion makes a fantastic one and a little more expensive and C.Vega, but worth every penny, but here are a couple of other choices that will work fine as well. You will need 6"-1ft RCA cable to go from front RCA vout from Radio/HU to Input of EQ. You can shop around for better prices of course

Here is a Package deal from CT Sounds with supply wiring

These work really well and sound pretty good for the $

maybe take a look at a Recoil for budget minded or a taramps 1200.1 or 1800.1, or 2k even. Might find a taramps 3k for under $200 bucks that will also give you some head room.

This would sound good and be within your budget...parts-express has really good customer service and that dayton sub has a 5 year on it
Thanks I’m researching and looking into your suggestions and also the reason for a 10 and not a 12 because I’ll eventually upgrade it all and I need the room for my pdr tools and paint guns in the back

Addition too.You will have to get about 8-10 ft of 1/0-0ga wire and some Lugs to do the big 3 your self as the alternator is down quite a bit lower than most vehicles to get from the alt to the battery. Rest can be done up high and use a strut tower bolt and the side of the motor. Rear Ground can be done on rear seat bolt cleaned off ofr much better drill a hole and go to the rearend.(Best solid ground). USE ALL OFC not CCA or Tinned wire!!.
Get a Parametric EQ not a reg EQ. Clarion makes a fantastic one and a little more expensive and C.Vega, but worth every penny, but here are a couple of other choices that will work fine as well. You will need 6"-1ft RCA cable to go from front RCA vout from Radio/HU to Input of EQ. You can shop around for better prices of course

Bro you always drop a wealth of knowledge and I usually get everything you suggest so thanks for the input. The car is completely stock nothing has been changed on it I will do the big three with my buddy and I’m on the fence with the box thing because it’ll piss be off to spend the money and I mess it up but my buddy can mostly do it if I can’t find a good prebuilt box.

Bro you always drop a wealth of knowledge and I usually get everything you suggest so thanks for the input. The car is completely stock nothing has been changed on it I will do the big three with my buddy and I’m on the fence with the box thing because it’ll piss be off to spend the money and I mess it up but my buddy can mostly do it if I can’t find a good prebuilt box.
I try to share my experiences as much as I can man. Ive had two of these vehicles and recgret getting rid of the 5 spd. that was really fun to drive. they are some really great vehicles. My 99 Odometer stopped at 307k and I still drove it for another 2 yrs. It prob had over 400k on it for sure. Deff get a tuned enclosure. The Glue and screw kit from GP Audio are some Dammned good enclosures. Very simple to put together and everything is labeled and you get a diagram/.cut sheet that shows how it goes together. Deck screws(square head or star head are best to use) Silicone or wood glue? and a drill is all you need and a dry spot to lay it all out and get to work man.
Others will recommend as well. You can take that plastic picnic table out /floor in the CRV and get a piece of 1/2" plywood and make a solid floor , put your 2nd battery under there and cut that plywood same shape as the plastic insert . Flase floor. That will allow you to screw3 your amp/amps down /distro block, and screw that enclosure down from inside before sub goes back in and secure that so it doesnt move and a little harder to grab and snag that enclosure out

I try to share my experiences as much as I can man. Ive had two of these vehicles and recgret getting rid of the 5 spd. that was really fun to drive. they are some really great vehicles. My 99 Odometer stopped at 307k and I still drove it for another 2 yrs. It prob had over 400k on it for sure. Deff get a tuned enclosure. The Glue and screw kit from GP Audio are some Dammned good enclosures. Very simple to put together and everything is labeled and you get a diagram/.cut sheet that shows how it goes together. Deck screws(square head or star head are best to use) Silicone or wood glue? and a drill is all you need and a dry spot to lay it all out and get to work man.
Others will recommend as well. You can take that plastic picnic table out /floor in the CRV and get a piece of 1/2" plywood and make a solid floor , put your 2nd battery under there and cut that plywood same shape as the plastic insert . Flase floor. That will allow you to screw3 your amp/amps down /distro block, and screw that enclosure down from inside before sub goes back in and secure that so it doesnt move and a little harder to grab and snag that enclosure out
How do I know which one of these to choose?
Yeah I’ve always loved crv I’m done with the going fast **** so low and slow now lol.
I’ll try the box thing it won’t hurt anything and a good learning experience and if it’s got instructions I should be good but I have question on the options they give you to choose.

Attachments

• 942BC7A2-119F-4839-BB2E-8E7FBF576E39.jpeg
    942BC7A2-119F-4839-BB2E-8E7FBF576E39.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 5
  • E36A65F8-CA95-4F63-AA40-6E5229F2022C.png
    E36A65F8-CA95-4F63-AA40-6E5229F2022C.png
    851.2 KB · Views: 6
How do I know which one of these to choose?
Yeah I’ve always loved crv I’m done with the going fast **** so low and slow now lol.
I’ll try the box thing it won’t hurt anything and a good learning experience and if it’s got instructions I should be good but I have question on the options they give you to choose.
Man. My apologies. Ive been pretty busy past two days. been like a MadHouse!!
Are you going to do the XFL 10? If so Ill go in and put everything in box wise for a single ten. Id do a double baffle so it will carry the weight of that sub. That single 1k ten is a little beast and will fill that cabin pretty nice man. Be sure to get the DVC2 ohm sub to run 1 ohm.
If you can read a crayon book you can put any of GP Audio enclosures together. Very easy to do.my 99 CRV would haul just fine and still do 120-140. LOL that Cold air intake gave it some Life. LOL.
I would Recommend the High output enclosure with a double baffle MDF. It will last you a long time ,and for less than $200 bucks it will be perfect for that sub and sound amazing, may even do some roof movement with some power. 1200-1500 watts RMS for it. Face that sub and port to the rear of the rear hatch. Just place the check marks agree ect. Ect and choose the 31HTZ High output enclosure and 0.75 MDF Double baffle.And place american Bass XFL 1022 in the subwoofer section man., good to go

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...