Give me some comment i just tested a subwoofer i am producing

Thanks you for the pages refer and i will go read and study it .

and see what kinda changes i can make

but also not losing the core sound on the process

In case you haven't figured it out, no one is interested.
LMAO!

Now why would you say that Neil? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Just because some guy out of the blue wants to build a SQ woofer from a generic square L7 platform, and cant even do his own calculations, understand the concept that he is using proprietary technology on 'his' sub, nor can he give a reason for the square cone beyond 'it moves more air'.... that's no reason to shun this person and his new supersub. Im sure there's an outstandingly HUGE market for copycat square SQ woofers that are doomed to failure based on legal reasons alone. If he keeps the price under $1000 or so, he's got a real winner!

Hey if someone buy's it and throws a Solo-X sticker on there no one would know (if the cone is mounted showing of course. Like Fake snap on spinners from autozone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Well i welcome all kinda comment

be it good or bad -

I got to say i am learning . and i am sure there is alot of professional here .

Who know what there are talking about

here one photo which i put The sub and a kicker sub side by side .

While i am sure the kicker look better and nicer -

i would rather leave the comment open and if possible in futrue when you did hear the sound .

Choosing a Square sub is just part of the process of making subwoofer .

and to start off with q Square sub is also part of the fun - since i got the parts .

i got to admit that my spelling is not that good non is my knowldge of subwoofer .

but i am learning

AX-K.jpg

I have no intention to sell this sub under the kicker brand

and like some had said . many brand also produce square subwoofer.

all comment welcome . as each comment will help me work together better product , be it design or understanding the market

Thanks you

i wonder why hifonics chose NOT to use those ribs in the corner

HFSW017shop.jpg

basically if u drop the ribs you wont be in any trouble other than trying to move a product nobody else wants

Well i welcome all kinda comment be it good or bad -

I got to say i am learning . and i am sure there is alot of professional here .

Who know what there are talking about

here one photo which i put The sub and a kicker sub side by side .

While i am sure the kicker look better and nicer -

i would rather leave the comment open and if possible in futrue when you did hear the sound .

Choosing a Square sub is just part of the process of making subwoofer .

and to start off with q Square sub is also part of the fun - since i got the parts .

i got to admit that my spelling is not that good non is my knowldge of subwoofer .

but i am learning

AX-K.jpg

I have no intention to sell this sub under the kicker brand

and like some had said . many brand also produce square subwoofer.

all comment welcome . as each comment will help me work together better product , be it design or understanding the market

Thanks you
Dude Im not trying to be an ass, cuz you seem like a nice guy (albeit a bit naive). And I realize English isn't your first language, but seriously, read this part till you understand it: nobody is saying the SQUARE SHAPE is your legal problem. Yes others produce SQUARE subs, but do they have the ribbed corner? No, they dont, unless Stillwater has allowed them too. You do not have to try to market this as a "Kicker" sub in order for that to still apply. Of course, in your country they may not care, but you wont be allowed to sell it here, not like that. Capice?

Lastly, none of the other square subs on the market are silly enough to try to be labeled as SQ drivers, imo you need to rethink your marketing or design strategy, they dont jive.

Good luck.

i am trying to find back view of kicker subwoofer . but most that i found had totally different design .

if you be so kind if you know any that look the same as the sub i posted please give me some direction or post up the photo

that would be nice

kicker sew the rip on the core - that is once fancy patent kicker own which suppose make the sound better . but alot of other good brand did not sew the rip onto the core - so is debatable

thanks for the comment and keep it coming

Its not a Kicker guys, look at the cheap/small ribs on the surround corners. The ribs on all the Kicker models look substantially beefier. It looks to me like a cheap third-world knockoff, or a cheap version built by someone else under label from Stillwater (probably the former).

i will look into the rip design as bring up by audioholic

- as i notice is a different design . and many years ago

by no mean is trying to debate if i am right or wrong here .

but just to point out that a patent is award to a design and if anyone can improve the design . or produce a different test result .

the patent is not violated -

many thanks to audioholic for bring it up and i will see what choices do i have to improve on the Rim design

Like i said - i am not focusing on the Look now .

so in future when my product do sell - i will focus on the look good factor

I will take note of the SQ comment which i agree is very helpful here .

as i had not lay out any marketing plan yet - but this i would take good note of

once again many thanks to the comment .

pardon me i type really slow also .

that why before i reply just now 2 addition post already been posted so i hope you do not mistake my last post as a rebuke or reply to yours ..

if you have any question , suggestion , i would be more then happy to hear or answer

Additonal note .

Part of the design process is asking this question .

DO it NEED THIS PART?

What different Does the Parts DO ?

Will bigger be better ?

What IS enough ?

How lasting is the Part ?

Does the part do well with another ?

Will any of the part counter the other ?

A mix and match of different part shad been performed to see which is better

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i would say i am sorry that it look cheap and third world

but this is the config which had been put together and tested at 500 wrms .

burned the sub at 900 wrms ( after 1 pus hour ) and would be safe to say a 1000 max watt

Here another photo using the Photo Jmanpc posted ( thanks you )

AX-K2.jpg

AX-K.jpg

This one above might be a 10 inches - i am not sure so if anyone can provide more info would be great .

The above comparing photo i had i am not sure - might be a 10 inch kicker i just resize it to put it side by side for easy compare

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.