Changed My Mind

this is my bro.... after rise they will not see .5 anybody knows that and yes they ran cooler than one because we clipped when we ran one and not at all with two. never ran it full tilt cept to blow the hdc3's up so i could have them. and at full tilt was right at 12 volts...and the batts are beasts ask murilo (sp?) from sounddigital //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

im running a memphis 16-VBF-1 line driver' date=' running directly from my ipod to the sub amp, and using a ipod tape player thing to run the mids[/quote']
low low dirty signal

as soon as you put good 5v signaal to them from decent h/u you will see a change and yes rise is a factor g/l/w/b

how is it a low dirty signal. its getting all most 5v from the line driver. id really like u guys to come to a comp and hear our setups lol
I think what hes trying to say is that a line driver only amplifies the signal given to it. Meaning if you only have 1v going into the line driver it will beef it up and give you 5v out but it will most certainly be a dirty signal. Make sense?

It can only enhance what it sees.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

There's no reason to assume the stock h/u is producing a clipped waveform. If he maintains a reasonable volume setting on the h/u, its resonable to assume it will output a clean signal. And an amplifier does not require 5volts input to perform well, that's why amplifiers come with adjustable input stages (gain knobs).

There's no reason to assume the stock h/u is producing a clipped waveform. If he maintains a reasonable volume setting on the h/u, its resonable to assume it will output a clean signal. And an amplifier does not require 5volts input to perform well, that's why amplifiers come with adjustable input stages (gain knobs).
I do not use the stock HU to control the gain for the bass, the stock hu is purely for my mids and highs, my ipod is what controls the bass gain and the memphis line driver , plus my gain knob, i can turn my hu all the way up or down, it doesnt effect the bass, only the mids and highs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TrUnK WaNgIn'

10+ year member
Pimp Of The Year
TrUnK WaNgIn'
Knoxville TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date