what tools

BloodyGuts335i
10+ year member

Team DC
I'm trying to start learning how to do my own work (i.e box building, glassing door pods & kicks etc.) I was just wondering what tools you guys use? Like a list of tools. I'm in the market for like a starter set of tools but still good quality. Now I know a router is a tool that i would need. also some bar clamps. what type of bits and accesories for the router is most common to use when doing this type of work? flush mount screw bit? thanks

Links of tools would be great also!! thanks again!

jasper circle jig for the router and a 1/4" straight fluted bit for circles

various obvious hand tools and a good cordless drill. various saws ect. you name it i can find a use for it lol

i have over 20k just in hand tools alone dude lol

Snap On FTW !!!

2 cordless drills one for screws one for drills

its a pain swappiung back and forth

nail gun for building boxes

a couple squares

tape measure well a few cuz you set them down and need another one

straight edge

bucket of pencils sharpies and

clamps help

router actuall 2 are nice one for roundovers and one for the jasper jig

saw horses

table saw / panel saw

blow gun

calculator

nail gun for building boxes

a couple squares

tape measure well a few cuz you set them down and need another one

straight edge

bucket of pencils sharpies and

clamps help

router actuall 2 are nice one for roundovers and one for the jasper jig

saw horses

table saw / panel saw

blow gun

calculator
a very good list to start with 1 drill with a flip bit works good too i have 4 drills and a drill press cuz i am lazy lol as well as 2 routers and a router table

with my big saw i dont need a panel saw

i have a lot of tools also, but more for cars. mechanical stuff. I have some of the things already (not mich) but I see I need to get my tools together..lol. I'm not trying to have a wood shop. just trying to practice so I can make my own stuff..lol

I have a drill with a detachable chuck and its the best thing ever. You put the drill bit in the chuck, then behind it, there's a place for a screwdriver bit. So, you drill the hole, pop off the chuck, drive the screw, and voila.

41grXxMEgkL._SS500_.jpg

I know that B&D is the Sony Xplod of power tools, but its been working wonders for me for 4 years //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a drill with a detachable chuck and its the best thing ever. You put the drill bit in the chuck, then behind it, there's a place for a screwdriver bit. So, you drill the hole, pop off the chuck, drive the screw, and voila.
41grXxMEgkL._SS500_.jpg

I know that B&D is the Sony Xplod of power tools, but its been working wonders for me for 4 years //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yeah it is called a flip bit bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif a drill with countersink on 1 end and a bit holder on the other like this:

PROFLIPSET.jpg

Does look pretty handy. I've looked into them, though and they are $$. It's nice to just pop the chuck off, though. See the little orange tab on it? Just give it a squeeze and it pops right off. You don't have to take the bit out, turn it around, and put it back in. Initially, I had qualms about how durable this rig would be, but it's lasted for four years. The batteries are starting to need to be replaced, though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

BnD really isnt that bad if you get the higher end models //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif they own delta and porter cable now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BloodyGuts335i

10+ year member
Team DC
BloodyGuts335i
Morris County NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date