Car audio not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

Errinar

Hi I've been searching around google for the last couple days and can't find a solution for my audio problem. I have an 04 Sunfire with the stock speakers and a sony head unit that I've had for a few years now. The audio on the left cut out completely a couple months ago and the right side worked just fine until a few days ago. The audio on the right will either come on when the car turn on or it won't. It doesn't cut in and out at all it either works or it doesn't. I checked all of my fuses, I pulled the head unit out and checked the fuse on that along with all the harness wires. I pulled the door panels off and those wires looked good as well.

Hi I've been searching around google for the last couple days and can't find a solution for my audio problem. I have an 04 Sunfire with the stock speakers and a sony head unit that I've had for a few years now. The audio on the left cut out completely a couple months ago and the right side worked just fine until a few days ago. The audio on the right will either come on when the car turn on or it won't. It doesn't cut in and out at all it either works or it doesn't. I checked all of my fuses, I pulled the head unit out and checked the fuse on that along with all the harness wires. I pulled the door panels off and those wires looked good as well.
The sony head unit is powering the speakers? It doesn't sound like a blow speaker, but either a loose wire or bad head unit. Try disconnecting and reconnecting all the wires. What's worth doing is investing in a DMM (digital multi meter), you can use that to diagnose most problems. For example if the speaker is bad, you can measure resistance across its coil. If it's blown, will be close to 0. You can also use the DMM to test the HU,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.