Big 3 grand prix

Participant count
  • Participant list

rp69

Senior VIP Member
Hello I have a pontiac grand prix 06 going to do the big 3 . Hoping some one can tell me where to ground it exactly. I understand + on bat to + on alternator. Negative to alternator bracket bolt. But lost where to ground second ground . They say chassis frame if any one knows these cars it's limited space and site under the hood. I think grand prix where same style from 03 or 04 to 2007 in has the standard 3800 engine in it . Help for a noobie thank u

I used the strut tower on my 08 I had no room on mine turbo inter-cooled //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok cool I tried to open picture but my phone will not let me get clear close up. So the strut housing the main bolt in middle or the others that surround the main center nut. Then second to the alternator bracket that u see on tons of videos. Positive gets fastened to pos. on alternator. I also followed down a factory ground that whent down from battery to a bolt on transmission housing. Is this a better ground then one of the other two . If it is which one one of the grounds would I replace if we decide to go with the tanny ground . Hope all this makes sense lol

Ok cool I tried to open picture but my phone will not let me get clear close up. So the strut housing the main bolt in middle or the others that surround the main center nut. Then second to the alternator bracket that u see on tons of videos. Positive gets fastened to pos. on alternator. I also followed down a factory ground that whent down from battery to a bolt on transmission housing. Is this a better ground then one of the other two . If it is which one one of the grounds would I replace if we decide to go with the tanny ground . Hope all this makes sense lol
One of the surrounding nuts.

I like my grounds to be as short as possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.