Amp Problem... Please Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

2008ttcc
10+ year member

I have a Clarion DPX1851 850W amp wired into my truck... it worked flawlessly for over 8 months then yesterday my subs wouldnt come on.. so i checked out the amp and its blinking so I look up what it means and it says that it is sensing multiple shorts... I cannot figure it out... I checked my ground it seems like it is fine, yet when I unplug my fuse, and plug it back in it sparks which is telling me its the ground... is that correct?

Any insight? Thanks!

Get another amp and hook it up.. Quick install,just to see what happens.

Not much wisdome about the ground,take the bolt off,clean everything really good,spray it a lil bit with contact spray,screw it like a man (lol) and its set.

Check out if your + isnt ''naked''

Check for the rcaa's,and ofcourse the remote cable from the HU to the amp.

Check the speaker wire connections to your subs as well...if you have a box, both inside and outside the box...as you know, subs vibrate, A LOT, so something may have worked itself loose over time...between the subs banging and the truck vibrating over the road in the past 8 months, seems likely it may be a speaker wire issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.