Sub amp problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aaron Johnson

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone. I have a question about my sub amp situation and how to make it work. So atm I have one twelve one amp sounds good. But I bought another amp which isn't the same brand as the original. And bought another twelve which isn't the same as the original. Both the amps are monoblock cea 2000rms. And both the subs are 2ohm 2000 rms. These will be placed in a ported box. All I keep hearing is they will work against each other????????? ANYONE

Your question is too general.
One does not usually put two different models in a shared enclosure if they are different subs.
One does not usually power two of the same woofers in a shared box with two different amplifiers either.
Need to know which amps, make an model.
What are the make/models of each sub.
What is the internal volume of each enclosure after woofer, (braces if applicable) and port displacement.

Using a Y RCA to split signal from amp to amp to give both amps the signal they need from the HU and subs in different /separate enclosures tuned properly may work just fine after tuning properly, but advisable and less work and frustration and tuning to use same subs and a single mono amplifier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...