A good install gone bad

RcRacerDrew
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well guys i know this isnt the headunit forum but i just need a quick fix and i know theres alot more traffic on here. Sorry:D Anyway...I put a headunit in my girlfreinds 97 taurus ( if any of you have tried any sort of car audio mod to a taurus you know the extremes i went through) and it went in fine. That was sunday, today shes showing it to some of her freinds at the high school and its working great, she gets in the car, turns it on and i guess it just shut down. No illumination, no nothing on the HU (its an older kenwood i got from a freind for $50). She brought it over and i checked to make sure everything was still grounded ok, and that no fuses were blown. Everything checked out but still no signs of life. Anyone know what to try now? Ive put in all sorts of headunits for my freinds and nothing like this has ever happend. Any ideas would be great! Thank you all!

haha real funny. Good point...were both 16 and i got it for her for her birthday and put it in...i was givin myself props till it quit workin:banghead: .....maybe i should just install my alpine IVA801 and dolby digital/EQ in her car? RIGHT!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yeah i know my g/f is like all i really want for my car is an aftermarket stereo. anyone on here who knows me knows i love my stuff so i gotta get hooked up on somethin nice for her i just have no idea what. prolly like a pioneer 7400 or 6400. yes they are expensive though even if they don't wanna be!!!!!!

adam

now that I think about I have a friend who has a kenwood, it turns on but doesnt do anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You think they are expensive now. Wait until you marry one of them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

did you check the fuses under the dash because the same thing happened to me and the fuse that was poped was my tail light fuse and when i replaced it everything worked fine just an idea though

I used to have a kenwood HU, and it used to quit working once in a while. Try taking off the trim, and pushing the faceplate in...push hard and even to make sure that the whole thing is connected....they don't like to work without every little connection made.

shes telling me now that the door open chime sometimes comes on periodically now when shes jus driving down the road with the headunit off. This is making me think that there could be some kind of electrical short wich is very strange. Any ideas?

hrm...

forgetting for aminute the door chime..

did you check under the hood for a second fuse box?

rip out that HU, check the pwoer wires for power..

if there is no power, check out fora second fuse box, my cougar had one, we spent an hour and nearly chucked out my clarion when that stupid 15A thing under hte hood popped, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RcRacerDrew

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
RcRacerDrew
Carmel, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date