10 or 12

10s have a tighter bass than 12s ,depends on what kind of bass your looking for

i tried one 12 in a bass box (cuz it was cheap)sounded good but too much bass for me im goin w/ 2 10s to get the tightness and not so much BOOM-BOOM

as for loudness 12s have a higher rms generly so you get more

Hey flores I´m also in a dilema about this, so what you are saying is that if you just want something that plays clear and precise all the low tunes, just get a nice 10" and put it in a sealed box?

and if you just want a lot of boom without hearing your mid and highs just get a 12"?

I´m new at this , and havent heard many subs out there

just because you get a 12 doesnt mean you can't have a musical system. You can still have tight sounding bass with a 12 inch sq sub and a sealed box. 12'ves move more air then tens so all things constant (same brand, power, box)they will be a bit louder(couple decibles). 12'ves can also get lower and produce lower frequencies with more accuracy. And just because you get a 12 doesnt mean the bass will over power your mids and highs. The sound quality your ganna get is mostly determined by the brand of woofer and the box you put it in, going from a 10 to 12 isnt going to be a huge factor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gmc89

10+ year member
gmc89
Kissimmee, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from