Build log for 1996 Lumina LS- The Blue Fury

Design looks great man, going to be a big stepup from the fosgate 10" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Design looks great man, going to be a big stepup from the fosgate 10" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Ya I've got high hopes for this. I'll head to town to get it metered once it's all in place. I've got almost all of the wood cut except that I screwed up on 2 pieces. I'll continue on it Sunday.

wow!!! this looks amazing!! I wish I had atleast 1/4 of your skills man!!! I love seeing these type of builds, but at the sametime I hate it because I cant do any of it!!!! Good stuff man.I deff need to get my skills up!!! lol

I had some free time after dusk so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to put in my Christmas present. These are only the low beams, the highs will be installed at a later time.

DSC_0078.jpg

Front1.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

Front2.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

Front3.jpg

I'll adjust the height of the driver light a little later

The quick test fit

PIC-0494.jpg

This piece just came out so nice I needed a picture of it

PIC-0493.jpg

Starting to come together

PIC-0495.jpg

I'll probably finish gluing it and routing all the remaining sharp edges tomorrow.

Looking amazing man, your wood working skills are top notch. Curious as to how the Xcons perform, since I dont here input on them too often. Good stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I had some free time after dusk so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to put in my Christmas present. These are only the low beams, the highs will be installed at a later time.
DSC_0078.jpg

Front1.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

Front2.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

Front3.jpg

I'll adjust the height of the driver light a little later
where did you get those head lights?

Looking amazing man, your wood working skills are top notch. Curious as to how the Xcons perform, since I dont here input on them too often. Good stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Thanks man. I'll definitely put up my review and the TL numbers after they're in.

where did you get those head lights?
Triple "R" Performance

I used the section on the classifiedzz.com forum.

I wired and glued the top on today at about 5pm but the glue still isn't fully dry because of the humid and cold weather //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif It'll get one or 2 more coats of paint tomorrow, then carpet. Til then, here's a little sneak

PIC-0500.jpg

And remember, each hole was cut freehand with a sabresaw.

While I waited for the glue to dry, I started carpeting the doors. I didn't get very far tho.. only one done. One of the two easy back doors. I imagine the front doors to be a big pain in the ass. I am replacing the stock gray nylon cut pile on the lower half of the doors with gray velour fabric. Why? Because carpeting the front fiberglass panels with the stock cut pile would be horribly difficult because of the thickness of the material. Plus, I believe this looks and feels much nicer.

I wanted suede, but the sewn suede that the store had looked bad compared to this. I was hoping that they had the microsuede in stock, but I'm out of time... the semester will start soon.

PIC-0501.jpg

PIC-0502.jpg

PIC-0503.jpg

PIC-0504.jpg

PIC-0505.jpg

PIC-0506.jpg

A little bumpy on the bottom, but this is my first attempt and no one will see it.

The rear deck is going to get carpeted too since it was badly sun damaged. I'll get the car tinted sometime down the road to prevent this from happening again. Here's the deck after a scrubbing with a wire brush. It got a little fiberglass reinforcement behind it too. I didn't take a pic of it before the scrubbing cause it was super ugly lol.

PIC-0509.jpg

While waiting for the resin to dry, I FINALLY finished the box.

PIC-0510.jpg

PIC-0511.jpg

PIC-0512.jpg

PIC-0513.jpg

PIC-0514.jpg

Carpeting it took like 5 hours because of the sides. I wanted something a little different than the 'gift wrapping' style, so I thought a slope would look nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.