Ugh... only one sub working!

Participant count
  • Participant list

almost2asian
10+ year member

Ok... i can only get one sub to work right at a time. I wired my subs to the terminals in the sub box. Then i wired the positive terminals together with a wire coming off it goin to the positive output on my amp, and i did the same with the negative. When this works, i get a really crappy sound coming out of my subs. When i disconnect one sub, the other sub magically sounds awesome. please help!

ok there are two terminals on my box.... each sub has the postive to the postive and the negative to the negative.... then from the box, i have a wire running from each positive, connecting, and a wire running from the negative, connecting... then from the positive connected wires, i have a wire connected by a butt cap to the amp... then the same for the negative... the amp has ++ - - on it... and i have it wired to the first + and the first -

i dont think they're out of phase or anything with polarity. cuz like.. if i just run postive to positive, and negative to negative, straight from the amp to either sub, they work.

i cant take my box out of my trunk... i dont think its ever coming outa ctually... i have a subzone box and it weights probably 100+ lbs... also i had to take out my spare tire to make my trunk more deep just to get it in... it took 4 ppl like 20 minutes to get it in

I still think you have somehting out of phase..Seen it tons of times..But, if you are sure it isn't that, check each sub with a DMM. One could be defective.

this subzone box and my subs, i dun even know the specs for these subs cuz i got them at a flea market, but wow it sounds amazing.... the highs are tight and u can feel em, the lows are loud and semi tight for a ported box... its not bad for daily use and cheap kenwood subs lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.