Help deciding on a planned system in a 2018/2019 Toyota 4Runner Limited

Participant count
  • Participant list

JamminJZ

Hi everyone,

Within the next year or two i will be purchasing a Toyota 4 Runner limited.

I plan to go full system replacement.

For the head unit I am looking at the Kenwood Excelon DNX995S.

For speakers i want to do 3 way components in the front. Debating between Focal, Hertz, Infinity, 

For back doors and tailgate speakers i cant decide if I should go coaxal 2/3 ways or 2 way components.

I plan to reuse the factory sub location but with a better 8" sub.

I plan to run amps for everything and considering also running a Hertz Audio H8 DSP unit.

I am looking for good clean sound and I am picky about sound quality as I used to run large live sound for concerts ect.

Any input, advice, recommendations, insight all are welcome.

I also plan on adding sound deadening where needed.

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a good plan. I've had the Focal 165 AS3 system and wasn't overly impressed, the sound was a bit muddy. I currently have the Infinity Kappa Perfect 600 with the extra 300m mid, running 3-way. They sound amazing and are loud AF. I haven't heard the Hertz system, but they do have a good reputation regarding sound quality.

If running an 8 in the stock location, make sure the air space is adequate and the area is re-enforced. Most factory 8 inch subs aren't built for high excursion.

Good Luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.