can i run two different amps for 5 speaker setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mistafisz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Im thinking of running 2 different amps in my car for 4 speakers and a sub. Is this possible to do? First amp would be a mono 1100w, 400rms at 4ohms for my 10inch, 4ohm, 150w rms sub. second amp is 4 channel 1200w running at 150wrmsx4 channels for my 2 100w rms coaxial and 2 100w rms components. My head unit is a kenwood kdc bt558u. I fairly new to audio systems in general, any help and explanation is appreciated. thank you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Im thinking of running 2 different amps in my car for 4 speakers and a sub. Is this possible to do? First amp would be a mono 1100w, 400rms at 4ohms for my 10inch, 4ohm, 150w rms sub. second amp is 4 channel 1200w running at 150wrmsx4 channels for my 2 100w rms coaxial and 2 100w rms components. My head unit is a kenwood kdc bt558u. I fairly new to audio systems in general, any help and explanation is appreciated. thank you. 
yes, you can run 2 amps. for that matter, you can run 10 amps to 5 speakers technically. Or 5 amps to 5 speakers, or 3 amps to 5 speakers etc etc etc. Most folks get a decent 4 channel for the fronts and rears and a mono for the sub. some folks get a sturdy 5 channel for all of em. The real answer is very long and very short at the same time

Can you run multiple amps? yes

should you? probably

from there your wiring, battery, grounding etc etc all comes into play and we can help you with all that too

Thanks a lot! I ended up buying a 4 channel for the front and back speakers and a mono for the sub. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.