I think i made a mistake....

Participant count
  • Participant list
I paid a guy to make me a box. He did a great job but he ended up putting the subwoofer mounting hole on the wrong side, so the problem I was running into is my subwoofer wood hit the port wall before it's all the way in. So I made a hole in the port wall to fix the issue, and the subwoofer fits perfectly, but now I'm wondering is this hole going to make the box sound horrible...Does anyone know if I need to be concerned about this????

Pictures Below...

Yea you prolly destroyed your box. You should've had him replace the board with the mounting hole instead of cutting a hole in the port wall.

You really just screwed the port tuning

Your sub is firing right into the middle of your port. I would cover your hole and maybe invert the sub until you can get a new box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.