Sign in to follow this  
TwoFosgate12's

having real trouble finding a cold air intake for my car

2000 Toyota Avalon xls 3.0 liter V6

I have had a resonator delete done and had a flowmaster super 10 installed! stock diameter pipe still though! anyway I have been wanting to install a cold air intake but I can not for the life of me find a manufacturer that makes a system for my specific vehicle! has anyone run into this problem and maby have some suggestions! thx for the help!

Ive had to buy different pieces and make one when I had my 90 240sx,and worked out just fine.I wasnt about to shell out 500 bucks for one.Not a whole lot to them to be honest.

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Cold Air intakes have been well proven to do nearly nothing. Claims that they increase HP, MPG, reduce wear, and lower engine temps, are all false. The only thing they do is make a nice "whoosh" noise when getting on it. You can find YouTube videos where they do back to back dyno runs.

If you just want it. Make it from PVC pipe and buy a cone filter.

Just get a k&n...filter not cai

Edited by MattinMO

My wife doesn’t know about my car audio addiction...shhhh

On 8/9/2018 at 4:44 PM, Bangler said:

Cold Air intakes have been well proven to do nearly nothing. Claims that they increase HP, MPG, reduce wear, and lower engine temps, are all false. The only thing they do is make a nice "whoosh" noise when getting on it. You can find YouTube videos where they do back to back dyno runs.

Thank you. Really think a d.d. Toyota Avalon is gonna see an increse from a cold air intake? Craziness.. throw some NOS on that bitch and be done with it. Lol.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

On 8/9/2018 at 4:44 PM, Bangler said:

Exactly. Toyota has one of the best engineered cars in the industry, you really think they haven't figured out an efficient air intake system? "Hey Toyota did you know if you buy a $15 CIA at Walmart you can get a few more miles per gallon and horsepower out of your cars?"

Sold to

Bought from

NinjaBass

FasFocus00

"If I was so worried about resistance I'd be unplugging the factory wiring harness, and checking resistance on every wire in my vehicle."

Intake systems on older cars aren't too bad. Newer ones like my cruze diesel have literally 8ft of piping before getting to the throttle body. That on top of the reaonators.

On you little v6 I doubt you see any real gain in power without going to forced induction.

Just keep the fuel and air filters clean, and use a synthetic or synthetic blend oil and you will have great performance out of your engine. 

Just be wary that full synthetic oils will typically seep through old gaskets and seals more than regular oils. That's not saying you have a leak but the molecules are so small they seep once the engine gets hot and the metals expand

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4x4

Pioneer touch screen with front and rear cam

Memphis viv component run active

2 alpine pdr-m65

1 alpine pdr-f50

2 jl 13tw5-3 in subthump understeat box

I mean, it's much less to do with the actual intake piping than where you collect the intake air from.

Edited by ciaonzo

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

That's why I do it like this.

image.jpeg.fc5d4acd90c4cf7c8a90478645df4d3f.jpeg

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this