having real trouble finding a cold air intake for my car

2000 Toyota Avalon xls 3.0 liter V6

I have had a resonator delete done and had a flowmaster super 10 installed! stock diameter pipe still though! anyway I have been wanting to install a cold air intake but I can not for the life of me find a manufacturer that makes a system for my specific vehicle! has anyone run into this problem and maby have some suggestions! thx for the help!

Ive had to buy different pieces and make one when I had my 90 240sx,and worked out just fine.I wasnt about to shell out 500 bucks for one.Not a whole lot to them to be honest.

Cold Air intakes have been well proven to do nearly nothing. Claims that they increase HP, MPG, reduce wear, and lower engine temps, are all false. The only thing they do is make a nice "whoosh" noise when getting on it. You can find YouTube videos where they do back to back dyno runs.

If you just want it. Make it from PVC pipe and buy a cone filter.

Cold Air intakes have been well proven to do nearly nothing. Claims that they increase HP, MPG, reduce wear, and lower engine temps, are all false. The only thing they do is make a nice "whoosh" noise when getting on it. You can find YouTube videos where they do back to back dyno runs.

Thank you. Really think a d.d. Toyota Avalon is gonna see an increse from a cold air intake? Craziness.. throw some NOS on that ***** and be done with it. Lol.

Exactly. Toyota has one of the best engineered cars in the industry, you really think they haven't figured out an efficient air intake system? "Hey Toyota did you know if you buy a $15 CIA at Walmart you can get a few more miles per gallon and horsepower out of your cars?"

Intake systems on older cars aren't too bad. Newer ones like my cruze diesel have literally 8ft of piping before getting to the throttle body. That on top of the reaonators.

On you little v6 I doubt you see any real gain in power without going to forced induction.

Just keep the fuel and air filters clean, and use a synthetic or synthetic blend oil and you will have great performance out of your engine. 

Just be wary that full synthetic oils will typically seep through old gaskets and seals more than regular oils. That's not saying you have a leak but the molecules are so small they seep once the engine gets hot and the metals expand

I mean, it's much less to do with the actual intake piping than where you collect the intake air from.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I do it like this.

image.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.