Sign in to follow this  
psylo535

Door glass vibration

I'm getting a terrible vibration that is definitely coming from the glass when I play at loud volume. Got 6.5 hertz in the doors with a bridged soundsteam TN4.900D. I've tried everything I could think of but it is still there and very annoying. Anyone else have this problem, and a solution ?

I'm getting a terrible vibration that is definitely coming from the glass when I play at loud volume. Got 6.5 hertz in the doors with a bridged soundsteam TN4.900D. I've tried everything I could think of but it is still there and very annoying. Anyone else have this problem, and a solution ?

only thing i could think of is mount mdf to door on top of mat, then mat the mdf and screw speaker to that but u may not have enough space

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

I already have a ton of sound dampener. It's not the door or panel it's the glass that's vibrating and only the drivers side for some reason

I already have a ton of sound dampener. It's not the door or panel it's the glass that's vibrating and only the drivers side for some reason

man you'd have to take door apart and tighten something up on window.. without that shove something in track beside window see if that helps, start with paper or thin card board, lol matchbook my generation used those for everything..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Yeah,had the door apart recently to change the window regulator and everything looked fine. It never did this till I put more

Power to the mids. Can’t really put anything in the track or it will just fall out when I put the window down. Guess I’ll just live with it