I am trying to design an enclosure around .75-.80 ft^3 tuned to around 32htz for either a Sundown E8, or a SKAR VD8. with the sundown I will have to make a few more adjustments in order to fit the magnet. Anyway, just need to know if these calculations are right. When I plug in the numbers, it comes out right, but the port size seems off. Thanks in advance, Ryan

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26557385[/ATTACH]

Is that all your available space? or can the depth go to 6.25" for that E-8? That's using .75" materials. That's the depth I'd use if possible. I'd certainly go with the Sundown over the Skar if possible.

Imo, that isnt enough port area. Thats like 8^2

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

I like those simple small boxes... lol... and those Sundown E-8's do ok. This was quick and easy to whip up

RlTdZk.jpg

Thats also a better layout^

The sub isnt right by the inner port opening

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

I had an E8 in my last truck, but it had captain chairs in the back and was able to build the recommended box from Sundown. My current ride is a 2005 crew cab f150, I need to put it under the seat, so without a seat lift, this is all the space I have and I'd really rather not do a lift because people ride back there often. I figured if I went with the Sundown, I could just cut the back out for the magnet and it should be able to work and go into the seat bottom. I currently have a cheap Skar EV 10 sealed in about .5ft^3, it sounds decent at low volumes, but peters out when i try to get too loud...

did you make your lift or buy it?
Both. Mine came with the FoxBoxs I have in two trucks. The other I made. Super easy. Just cut out/drill some MDF in my case.

What are the dimensions of the port on your design? I will make some more measurements and see if I can pull that off...

What are the dimensions of the port on your design? I will make some more measurements and see if I can pull that off...

It says on the drawing... 15.82in^ ft3

Both. Mine came with the FoxBoxs I have in two trucks. The other I made. Super easy. Just cut out/drill some MDF in my case.

I agree, a 2" lift will open up a lot of options if you are looking to get louder. IDK how the OP's truck looks under the seat but this went under the seat with a 2" lift on a F-150, not sure of the year tho... sorry

Cq06Ye.jpg

I try... I do put some time into them... lol

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this