6 12s

28mm p2p

1200 rms

6 cubes sealed

10.1 ported

47hz

10x30 in port

7.3 inch long

All that look right? Ran numbers 4 times and got different 3 of the times.

Any critiques on the numbers? Or suggestions?

I've been over a year without building anything (personal stuff) and have lost the lap top I used with winisd and bbp as well as all my previous build specs and measurements so I'm kinda starting from scratch here. Getting going again with a 4th b pillar wall.

I'd go a little bigger ported if you can, like a 2:1 or 3:1 ported to sealed ratio. Port area looks ok but I got 13.4 inches needed for a port tune of 47hz. 7.3 inches puts the tune closer to 54hz.

Edit: I just realized you said 10x30 for port area, I originally thought you said 7x30 when I checked the math. That gives you 300sq inches of port which means the tune is even higher than 54hz. With a port that big you would need almost 22inches of port length to tune to 47hz. 7.3 inches puts the tune closer to about 61hz.

So the changes you need to make are making the ported side larger and slightly shrinking the port down to 20-24sq inches of area per cubic foot or make your port length longer which eats up a lot of space. What vehicle, what subs and what amp are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm limited on space. It's an ext cab truck. I have about 28 cubes gross and everything double walled. Gonna have to rethink this. I only have 9 or so inches internal to work with before the port hits the motors. Thinking 3 at the top and bottom horizontally with a horizontal port. Or 3 on each side vertically with a vertical port.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Should i shrink the port to 150-200 sq inches?

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I could always go straight ported.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Ext cab Silverado

Soundqubed hds312s

Taramps 8k 2 ohm at 1.33

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm limited on space. It's an ext cab truck. I have about 28 cubes gross and everything double walled. Gonna have to rethink this. I only have 9 or so inches internal to work with before the port hits the motors. Thinking 3 at the top and bottom horizontally with a horizontal port. Or 3 on each side vertically with a vertical port. 

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Should i shrink the port to 150-200 sq inches?

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I could always go straight ported.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Ext cab Silverado

Soundqubed hds312s

Taramps 8k 2 ohm at 1.33
You're going to have to drop some cone area. The only way 6 12s will fit in there is with a blow through 4th order or a standard ported box.

I'm not experienced with Brazilian amps but I wouldn't run them below their intended ohm load unless you want trouble.

6 10s is about 20sq inches more cone area than 4 12s. If you could find some 10s that like a smaller sealed box you could do .75cf per sub sealed and that would make the ported side 13.5cf for a 3:1 ratio. That's 18cf net total which allows for sub, port and bracing displacement.

4 of the 12s are already in a blow through that I built. Trying to get louder. So he already has the 6 12s for the build. Might just go ported. Plenty of room for that I reckon and adding 2 subs and moving from the bed to the cab should still be noticeably louder.

As for the amp, it's a V2 and with rise should still be well over 2 ohm so it ought to be okay. If not it's got an extended warranty. Limitless lithium 45 on the way soon too and already on 2 alts and 3 batts. If this amp doesnt work out he wants a 12k 1 ohm

You can stay with a smaller ported chamber, I'd just stick with a smaller port, roughly 160in^ and a big roundover. Will give a nice smooth response and get low.

Did some refiguring. Can fit the subs on each side with a staggered pattern giving me 6 sealed, 10.2 ported with 180 sq inch port area at 47 Hz. My math has the port at 10 ish inches and I'm going to use pvc to round over the port opening.

Got the final numbers figured after starting the build. 6 sealed 10.55 ported. Would have liked to have another couple cubes ported but I believe it will be fine. I still think it will be quite a bit louder and perhaps it'll be flatter across the bandwidth. Pics coming in a bit.

Thinking about bumping port area up from 180 to 220. Same tuning. Gonna have to run the port about 2 inches external of the loading wall. Thinking of aesthetic ways to do it so it still looks nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.