ArmyNavyCopGuy

Putting together a garage system with 6x9s and a deck, need help.

I wired an xbox 360 power supply to an old bluetooth Pioneer deck. Everything works

but my issue is that there is not much bass coming from the speakers. I understand that they

aren't amped but I still feel like they should be hitting a bit harder.

One thing I noticed, the cones dont move in the box, but out they move a lot. Do I need a different type of box?

Well it depends on what speakers and box they are in. Probably need more power. I have a Taramps Home 400 amp in my garage. Its bluetooth and plugs into the wall.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

A friend of mine, this was back in the late 70's, built a box and installed a pair of 6x9's, a head unit and a 12v to 120 power converter. He placed in on the fireplace mantle and it sounded quite good. The speakers had individual chambers so the bass was pretty good.

2012 Honda CRV LX: HU: Alpine iLX-007, Speakers: JL Audio C2-650 Co-axials

2017 Honda CRV EX: Factory Head Unit, JL Audio C5-650 components/fronts, JL Audio XD400/4 amp bridged rears to sub, JL Audio 10W1v3 10" sub/ported enclosure, PAC SNI-15 hi/lo converter

Gotta o/s 8" Cerwin Vega sub in my garage off my everlasting JVC home receiver I bought in my teen years that still works to this very day. Along with some older work Sony bookshelf speakers mounted high. Doesn't sound bad and can get a lil loud.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

maybe set hp filters on that pioneer deck flat... not sure how much bass you are wanting from those 6x9's.

Get a hpf and a cheap 12” sub. Ive got a kicker 12” that i had sitting around powered by a xbox power supply and a dual hu out of a jeep we got and just off hu power it’s plenty of bass

2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor:

2 American Bass XFL 15"s

8 cubic foot box

Taramps HD 3000 at 1 ohm

Soundbox 1/0 CCA wire

200 amp police alternator

Get a hpf and a cheap 12” sub. Ive got a kicker 12” that i had sitting around powered by a xbox power supply and a dual hu out of a jeep we got and just off hu power it’s plenty of bass

I have an HT sub laying around, can I use that?

I have an HT sub laying around, can I use that?

Don’t see why not just leave it in its enclosure with its plate amp getting signal from the head unit.

DaveT.jpg

99 Mustang Cobra

Eclipse CD-8053 With under mounted soft rooted Amazon FIRE HD8 ‘17 model

Infinity Kappa Perfect 600 6.5” comps running off an old(Er) school JL 300/2

1 RE SEXrev.2 10D2 powered by Orion XTR1500.1D by Xmas I should have a SI HST-15 mkII

Does my home office count as a garage system? Dual 150 amp 110v to 12v converters connected to a pioneer premier deck, A kicker 1200 amp connected to a fu audio 750 12 and a crown x1000 connected to a pair of triangle Celius towers.. my room gets loud when I'm not testing amps.

Head Unit: Pioneer Avic-5201NEX

Amplifiers: Orion XTR1000.4, Alphard DB-2000.1D

Front Speakers: Infinity Perfect 600 Components

Rear Speakers: Image Dynamics ID6.5

Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 12TW3-D4

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now