Taurus SHO SQ Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

T.I.K.
10+ year member

F*ck it, we'll do it live
Michigan
Hey guys, so this is going to be a slow build, so don't expect updates terribly often, at least not for the next month or two. Right now I'm just stating intent and trying to get all my thoughts together on the build, as I'm between jobs at the moment.

I've tried to put a system in this car before, but I ran the speaker outs from the factory DSP into another DSP and the results were NOT satisfactory, so I ripped it all out and put it back to stock, but this time I'm doing it right.

Here's my planned parts list:

Tweeters: PHD AF 1.c

Mid Range: Peerless NE123W-08 4"

Front Doors: PHD Studio 6.1

Rear Doors: Exodus Anarchy 6.5"

Sub Woofers: (x2) SSA DCON 10"

Tweeter/Mid Range Amp: Monitor 1 Mk4.70 or two Mk2.70's

Door Speaker Amp: Soundstream REF4.920

Subwoofer Amp: Zapco Z-400.2

Sound Processor: JBL MS-8

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-X4800BS

RCA Wires: SounDrive HF Series

Power/Spkr Wire: KnuKoncepts OFC

Alternator: DC Power 250a Alt

The plan is to run an active 3-way setup up front crossed over at 60-400/400-3k/3k-20k, and duplicate the signal from the front doors to the rear doors for rear fill. I wouldn't even bother with the rear doors, but I get complaints about how quiet it is back there all the time, and I think I'll enjoy the extra mid-bass from the ex-anarchy's.

I'm gonna be fiberglassing my own a-pillar pods for the tweets and 4" drivers and there is TONS of room behind the door panels, so I'll also be fiberglassing sealed pods for the doors as well (these are hidden, so they don't have to look pretty)

I'll be running the DCON's sealed in separate 0.9cuft chambers. I would go ported, but I'm trying to save space AND weight, plus I'm tired of building ported boxes, they're a bit of a PITA. I was heavily considering a single ICON 12, but I think I'll get better SQ out of the DCON's which is what I want to focus on with this build.

The two most difficult parts of this build are going to be replacing the factory touchscreen/dash with the Scosche Dash Kit and feeding the speaker wires through the factory molex door plugs. There is a screen that the scosche dash kit has an opening for that my car doesn't have because I have the upgraded Sony system, I'm thinking I'll be putting a beauty plate here for radar detector display and controls, as well as the MS8 display screen. The rest is pretty standard issue; all the amps, wiring, and the DSP will be hidden in the spare tire well area. All said and done, it should be well worth it!

Here's a pic of the car and the gear I currently have

hJNCaBv.jpg

H59gDRj.jpg

XeAwJ5t.jpg

Not pictured: JBL MS8 & Monitor 1 Mk 2.70

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.