I had everything figured out until c.a.b.....

So i had my new system all figured out till one of u guys suggested car audio bargin. I was going with 2 sa12s dvc4ohm wired to 1 ohm and a scv1500 or scv2000. The subs are $220 a peice so $440 for subs and the amps are $420 for the 1500 watt $560 for the 2000 watt. That will leave me $860 bucks for 2-12s @1500 watts or $1000 for 2-12s @2000 watts.

Now someone mentions car audio bargin and im like im stupid if i dont go with the cab ultras which were basically a sundown product a stepup from the sa series for the same price as the sa's -$220 a sub. The same for the amp the cab1600.1 is $200 so i could get 3200 watts for $400 bucks if i bought 2.

So if i stick with sundown i could have 2 sa12 and a 1500 watt sudown amp for $860

Or...

2 cab ultras on 3200 watts for $860.

So basically better subs and more watts for same price

It seems like a no brainer or am i missing something? I know i will have to upgrade electrical pushing 3k+ watts but i planned on eventually. And i have a stock 145 amp alt so i might be ok till new h.o. alt arrives.

So if i did go with cab what would be the best setup? 2ohm or 4ohm? Strap the amps or 1 amp per sub? Also should i go with cab or sundown? Thx for any help!

Depends what subs, dvc you get to match the amp...

Your wanna gonna do the big 3 before adding anything audio related.

You do understand the sa v3 uses superior softs to the ultra. Cab bought jacobs outdated design which is a good one but the v3 was developed as Jacob saw a lot of improvements that he could make to the v2/ultra. An as far as amps the hs on the scv cost more to manf then the entire cab itself.. Bargains can sometimes slap you in the mouth.

What if i wanted to run both cab amps?
Is gain matching that difficult? I mean its just setting that scew the same position on both amps correct?
Also 1600 watts on a cab ultra should be ok right?
That's what I'm unsure of. Since the RMS is 750 I dunno if they can take more than that or a lot more than that....which is why I suggested the "safe" way of doing an amp/subs combo with one amp, 2 subs.

Supposily you could do 2 amps, 2 subs but gain would have to be turned down on both amps, obviously.

I just assumed they could do 2x rated bc they are basically sundowns and a better series then the sa. And i know the sa can take x3 rated so i would think the ultras could.
No an no. The v3 is superior. V3 was developed to improve upon and fix any flaws jacob observed in the v2/ultra..

I have no experience whatsoever with the cab ultras but I have ran plenty of sa's and have never had any issues giving them 1000 or so watts of clean unclipped power. So if we wire a single 1600 at a 1 ohm nominal load how much power are we really getting out of it after rise ? I myself like to have more power on tap then I actually need. Provides headroom, easier on amps, and gives you the option to upgraded down the road. Better to have to much power and not need it, than to need it and not have it is my philosophy. Same as electrical.

True, to a sense. he would have to gain match properly. I myself like to use the entire amp wattage, not just partial. If 2 is too much, he can always sell the one.

Then the electrical would need to be updated as well.....that's $$ there too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.