2 SSA GCON 12's

Participant count
  • Participant list

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
I have 2 12 inch SSA Gcons and I have been struggling with building a box. Im currently running them in a small prefab box and it sounds bad. Not loud at all and cant hit lows but of course I expected this, I got the box for free from a friend to play around with.SSA website says 2.5-3 cubic feet per sub and tuned 28-33hz. My Nissan Xterra trunk dimensions are 43 inches wide, 32 inches deep, and 34 inches high. how many cubes could I give each sub with that space? What should I tune too? My goal is spl so I would probably want to tune closer to the 33 hz correct? can any one with experience running these subs help? What was your enclosure like? I just want to get it right the first time.

Thanks.

I'd do 5 cubes net tuned to 32hz with 16" of port per cube
Subs up, port back towards hatch
Thanks for your input. Will keep that in mind. Im guessing having subs up and port back is the way to go in SUV's? Dont mind doing that but I would rather build it subs and port facing back just because I live in a rough area and would rather not everyone be able to see my subs facing up through my (non tinted) back window haha.

I love the SSA Gcon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Sub up, port back, tune around 33hz for daily listening.

Thanks for your input. Will keep that in mind. Im guessing having subs up and port back is the way to go in SUV's? Dont mind doing that but I would rather build it subs and port facing back just because I live in a rough area and would rather not everyone be able to see my subs facing up through my (non tinted) back window haha.
actually you can have subs back port back no problem. Main thing about the subs up port back thing is people with 4 15s cant fit it firing back generally. Pretty sure You wont even lose a DB with both firing back.

If anybody is wondering, I put them in 6 cube box tuned at 30hz. Subs up port back. They running on only 400 rms a piece @1 ohm and they SLAM. Louder and deeper then my Fi q 15 I had prior

If anybody is wondering, I put them in 6 cube box tuned at 30hz. Subs up port back. They running on only 400 rms a piece @1 ohm and they SLAM.
That is awesome to hear. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.