Cycling and car audio. Two passions that kind of conflict with each other.

dsw1204

CarAudio.com Elite
Review of Head Unit:

Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted!

I have two major passions: Car audio and cycling. I enjoy both immensely. However, now that the weather is warming, I find myself conflicted. Do I ride my bike to work or do I drive my car and enjoy my recently upgraded car stereo, which the shi!bass grin on my face keeps on getting bigger every time I drive.

This is a toughie for me. I really do enjoy my bicycle. I am a bit of an avid rider and have a little more than $1000 into my bike. That is a fair amount of money, but real enthusiasts have ten times that in their bikes (kind of like how many of us put down gobs of money into their car audio).

Any avid cyclists out there? How do you divide the time between riding and driving?

Review of Head Unit:
Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted!

I have two major passions: Car audio and cycling. I enjoy both immensely. However, now that the weather is warming, I find myself conflicted. Do I ride my bike to work or do I drive my car and enjoy my recently upgraded car stereo, which the shi!bass grin on my face keeps on getting bigger every time I drive.

This is a toughie for me. I really do enjoy my bicycle. I am a bit of an avid rider and have a little more than $1000 into my bike. That is a fair amount of money, but real enthusiasts have ten times that in their bikes (kind of like how many of us put down gobs of money into their car audio).

Any avid cyclists out there? How do you divide the time between riding and driving?
I love bike riding, I have a diamondback I ride it to work every chance I get. not only to get some good cardio, but I save a ton on gas money. right now my Tahoe only has the sound system, so on rainy days I take that to work and enjoy some good sound. I also jog, when im sitting in my room bored with nothing to do ill hop on the treadmill for 1 hour

I have a Trek Domane 5.2 and ride whenever I get a chance. A year ago I started buying my audio gear and then found out I have diabetes. So audio equipment got put on hold for a while. I haven't ridden a bike in 20 years and totally fell in love with it.. and lost 50 pounds in the process.

That is excellent Supertrucker! Keep it up. I started to ride again about 8 years ago after going about 30 years w/o riding. I don't ride for the physical benefits, although I do enjoy them. I am just riding because I enjoy the riding...being out in the sunshine and enjoying the warm weather.

I ride a Jamis Coda Comp and I absolutely love this bike. It is a flat bar road bike, so I guess you can call it a hybrid. The geometry of the bike, originally, had put me in too much of a racing position so, I modified it....alot (kind of like my car audio). I changed almost everything. I changed out the handlebars and put in high rise carbon handlebars, put in a shorter stem that had a higher rise, I changed out the pedals, put in a carbon seat post, changed the saddle to a Brooks B17 Select saddle, and I just purchased a new and unused Neuvation M28 SL wheelset on Ebay.

Most of my riding is on paved trails and usually go about 20-25 miles round trip. My trek to work is only about 5 miles one way and as soon as I get over this cold/sore throat I will start riding, once again. Can't wait, sort of. With the new upgrades to my car audio, I really do enjoy driving and listening to the tunes. Thus, the conflict I have currently. Should I ride to work...or should I drive? Not a terribly bad dilemma to have.

Being a truckdriver makes it difficult to find time to ride. It seems like for the past 3 months it starts raining the day I get home and and is clear skies the day I leave. Cycling is just as bad as car audio. Always looking to upgrade.

I like to ride bikes too, especially with friends. I've got a 40 mile loop that I go on during the summer. Goes past pawn shops, which I occasionally browse

When I first started using clipless pedals I would stay on the trail just to practice clipping in and out. I guess I felt pretty comfortable because I took a trip through town. When I got to the main 4 way I unclipped my right foot and couldn't lean over fast enough and fell flat on my back. It knocked the wind out of me and cracked my back. This was mid afternoon on a Saturday and there were tons of cars and pedestrians. I was so embarrassed, but no one laughed or anything. Didn't even ask if I was ok...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

When I first started using clipless pedals I would stay on the trail just to practice clipping in and out. I guess I felt pretty comfortable because I took a trip through town. When I got to the main 4 way I unclipped my right foot and couldn't lean over fast enough and fell flat on my back. It knocked the wind out of me and cracked my back. This was mid afternoon on a Saturday and there were tons of cars and pedestrians. I was so embarrassed, but no one laughed or anything. Didn't even ask if I was ok...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Wow, that is one reason I never did the "clipless" route. My pedals are kind of unique. They are MKS Lambda platform pedals. Purchased them because of reviews and because they look really cool. They do work much better than the half clipless/ half platform pedals that came with the bike. With those half and half pedals whenever I came to a stoplight and had to stop, the pedals would flip over to the clipless side when I took my foot off of the pedal. When the light turned green, I had to fiddle with the pedal to get the platform right side up. It was a hassle. Not fun when car drivers (who already don't respect bicyclists) have to wait for you to get going when the light turns green.

Adulbrich, riding with friends is the only way to go. Riding by yourself gets boring quickly. For me, 40 miles is a long way. The most I've ever gone in one trip is 32 miles. What do you ride?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

dsw1204

CarAudio.com Elite
dsw1204
Fairfield, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views