Cycling and car audio. Two passions that kind of conflict with each other.

I have gotten a lot better with the clipless pedals, but it's the unknown sudden stop that really worries me. I have ultegra pedals and the stay level when you're not clipped in. I use shimano saint pedals on my trek ds.

I love riding and ride every day...have for over 30 years and raced for a bit over 20 of those years...I don't put in the mileage I did when racing and my pace has certainly slowed...LOL my average pace is slower than my warm up pace back then.

I ride a '99 Merlin Ti with a full Campy gruppo...I have a lot more money in my bike than in my car's audio system.

Adulbrich, riding with friends is the only way to go. Riding by yourself gets boring quickly. For me, 40 miles is a long way. The most I've ever gone in one trip is 32 miles. What do you ride?
I've just got a plain cheap mountain bike, lol

Side note: I almost ran over a cyclist last night. He zipped through a crosswalk without a light as I was mid-turn, then proceeded to yell because I almost hit him. So I guess it was rude that I didn't plow him for an insurance claim.

Side note: I almost ran over a cyclist last night. He zipped through a crosswalk without a light as I was mid-turn, then proceeded to yell because I almost hit him. So I guess it was rude that I didn't plow him for an insurance claim.
Yeah, some of us cyclists can be rude, as well. But, you really don't want to run over a cyclist. He/she probably has a spouse and kid and you don't really want to tear apart a family because you got pissed at a rude cyclist. Remember, you're driving a one ton vehicle and the cyclist is riding a 25lb bike.

I commute to work often in the warm weather and I cannot tell you how many people yell obscenities at me because I am riding on the road with them. One time, I was riding home from work on a well lit, 4-lane road (two lanes each direction) and a driver coming from the other direction just swerves into oncoming traffic and narrowly misses me and crashes into some trees. I didn't even see him until he was right on top of me. If I was a half a second slower, I wouldn't be here to start this thread and write this post. I couldn't stop to check up on him because the road had no shoulder and there was too much traffic behind me. When I did make it home, I drove my car back to see what had happened and the cops were there giving the guy the drunk driver test (touching the nose with his finger test). Apparently, he was not drunk because when I came back around the driver was sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck (and not sitting in the back seat of the police car).

Definitely, car audio is the safer of my two passions!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

dsw1204

CarAudio.com Elite
dsw1204
Fairfield, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views