NVX JAD800.4 4 channel amplifier

Ok so I bought this amplifier about 3 weeks ago and have already fried two speakers both on the passenger side door. The first speakers, pioneer d series comps fried so I bought the image dynamics cxs62 v2's. and one of those in the same location. There is no audible distortion when I play them so is it possible that this amp is just too powerful for the speakers? I had the crossover at 125hz. Should I raise the crossover when playing at higher volumes? It's just weird because I haven't fried any speaker in years.

I had bad luck with two nvx amps both garbage but loved my subs of theirs. One amp had mold in it coming out the connections and both had broken knobs right out the box and im a big nvx fan idk what the issue is but I will never buy an amp of theirs again im sure others have had great luck with them though just my personal expirence

I had bad luck with two nvx amps both garbage but loved my subs of theirs. One amp had mold in it coming out the connections and both had broken knobs right out the box and im a big nvx fan idk what the issue is but I will never buy an amp of theirs again im sure others have had great luck with them though just my personal expirence
I love the amp, its an absolute powerhouse, I just need to know how to keep my components happier because $320 for a set of door speakers isn't cheap for a college student

just because there's no audible distortion doesnt mean it might not have been clipping. Set your gains with a DMM. If its both in the same side, might want to try to checking the wire and connections on that side along with checking the output voltage of your amp via the multi-meter to see if one side is putting out more power than the other.

Well that side is balanced 1db higher on the head unit
Which is ~30% more power.

You were doing dbl mfg ratings on the Pio's and 60% more on the ID's. I'm all for headroom, but I think you may just be asking too much of them.

I wouldn't run that kind of mismatch without being VERY sure the amp will never clip (via DMM).

Crossover setting would be more of a mechanical issue, I doubt that's what's happening.

What do you listen to?

A lot of modern hard rock/metal is very hard on full range speakers.

Which is ~30% more power.
You were doing dbl mfg ratings on the Pio's and 60% more on the ID's. I'm all for headroom, but I think you may just be asking too much of them.

I wouldn't run that kind of mismatch without being VERY sure the amp will never clip (via DMM).

Crossover setting would be more of a mechanical issue, I doubt that's what's happening.

What do you listen to?

A lot of modern hard rock/metal is very hard on full range speakers.
I listen to everything but primarily hip hop and r&b. . But i replaced the speaker i thought was blown and actually the cone separated from the spider. Glued it back together and they sound brand new. I should have looked at the pioneers twice. Smh

The NVX JAD amps? Broken Knob, and MOLD, that's quite bizarre.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.