Clarion cz702e

2wd

Denmark
Hi

I have an old Clarion HU witch I bourght online but when I I received it, the 16 pin connector with ISO plugs wasnt there ... but I have a 16 connector from another Clarion HU (dxz828r) who fits but Im not sure if pin numbers/wiring are the same and dont want to damage the cz702e unit.

Anyone have picture of an cz702e 16 pin connector, wiring, pin numbers or something else that would be usefull rewireing it to work ?

Regards Tom, Denmark

well its not that simple .. I cant find any pin numbers on the 16 pin connector I have ... in the cz702e papers I have it says the following :

1 batt + 15A fuse

2 ground

4 Acc +

5 phone mute

6 amp remote

7 illumination

9 rl -

10 rl +

11 fl -

12 fl +

13 fr -

14 fr +

15 fl -

16 fl +

So I dont understand as I would expect that power and ground would be on either pin 1 and 9 or 8 and 16 as those are used on the dxz828r plug I have and also when googled, those pin numbers are used on the few drawings I've found ... only thing is that I cant find a picture showing the 16 pin connector for the cz702e ... ?

I know.... but I'm worried about the lokation of the wires as the papers I got with the cz702e have the batt+ and ground placed "different" ?? Any chance that you got the connector diagram for the cz702e 16 pin connector ?

Yes I know..In my papers there is a pic of plug A, B and C. I take that A and B are ISO connectors and C is the 16 pin HU connector. But I'm confused over the 16 pin connector...the pin numbers are different from what I expect.

I would think that +12v batt and ground should be om the 2 "big" pins in the end of the connector (8 and 16) but on my papers it says pin 1 and 2 ..? And then again it comes down to the connector and how thepin numbers are .. and I cant find a picture anywhere where it physically shows a plug with pin numbers ??

But I have two 16 pin connectors, who fits my cz702e HU, from other clarion HU's where the +12v batt (yellow) and ground(black) are placed as expected in the end of the connector on the "big" pins. Also I've found drawings of 3 - 4 clarion 16 pin connectors where +12v batt and ground are placed on pin 8 and 9.

So yes I'm a bit confused :)

Yes I know..In my papers there is a pic of plug A, B and C. I take that A and B are ISO connectors and C is the 16 pin HU connector. But I'm confused over the 16 pin connector...the pin numbers are different from what I expect.
I would think that +12v batt and ground should be om the 2 "big" pins in the end of the connector (8 and 16) but on my papers it says pin 1 and 2 ..? And then again it comes down to the connector and how thepin numbers are .. and I cant find a picture anywhere where it physically shows a plug with pin numbers ??

But I have two 16 pin connectors, who fits my cz702e HU, from other clarion HU's where the +12v batt (yellow) and ground(black) are placed as expected in the end of the connector on the "big" pins. Also I've found drawings of 3 - 4 clarion 16 pin connectors where +12v batt and ground are placed on pin 8 and 9.

So yes I'm a bit confused :)
I am out of state, but when o return i will take a photo of my plug.

Its the same as its european version.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Im sorry i had fully forgot to take the pic. I got back 2 days ago.

Just took them now.

Top of connector

hNWrzs.jpg

Bottom of connector

6VOQAD.jpg

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Hi..super... your HU .. was that a cz702..?

anychance that you can find me the color codes and maybe pin numbers for your connector as they are a bit different to mine ?

for one, the pink lead, third from left on your connector, is red on my connector...and second from right is free on yours, on mine there is a yellow lead...and the third from right on yours is red...on mine its orange with white stripe....

So if you coul help on this too it would be super :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.