pushing my sub too far?

loudenuff

CarAudio.com Elite
WA gwon?
I got my big 3 done, now I have my brx 1400.1d wired up. voltage stays at 14.2, dips to 13.6 at most. I have 1 obsidian 15 wired to 2 ohms getting 900 rms but I can run it to 1 ohm and give it 1400.. if I'm gentle with my gain will it be okay? or am I better off wiring my 2 12 p3s to 1 ohm and play it safe? I'm not looking for a long lasting setup. just something to get me by until I upgrade to soundqubed.

If you have a single sub wired to 2 ohms than how are you going to make it into 1 ohm? What is the coil config on your sub? I would think d4 if you have it at 2 ohms? Which would mean you can only do 8 or 2 ohms with a single sub and if it is d2 you can do 4 or 1 ohm

no no it's a d2. I have it wired to 2 ohms but I want to wire it to 1. the p3s are d4s.
If it's D2, then you can only wire it at 1 ohm (parallel) or 4 ohms (series). D4 can only be wired at 2 ohms(parallel) or 8 ohms (series). You can also use a digital multimeter to check if you wired it correctly.

how exactly would I do that? set it at 1k?
1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

I got it all set up now I have a new problem. voltage stays 14-14.5 all the time. 2 12s at one ohm make my lights dim like they're hazards. I set the gains down a lot and it only made a difference at the point where I couldn't hear the bass... so I took one 12 out. running it 900rms at 2 ohms. used dmm for tuning. and I'm still having dimming. did I do something wrong? I got a quote from singer but it's gonna take me 2 or 3 months to get that money together so I'm trying to work around that for now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.