Best Head Unit of All Time (for SQ only)

Holy ****, $1,200 for a HU!
I think this beats the 80PRS model.

I just sold my P99RS less than a month ago. My brother has the 80PRS and I have it owned that one too. Great HU. P99 isn't necessary.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Holy ****, $1,200 for a HU!
I think this beats the 80PRS model.

I just sold my P99RS less than a month ago. My brother has the 80PRS and I have it owned that one too. Great HU. P99 isn't necessary.

WTF!!! and thats USED!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif

those things are computers not head units!

Alpine F1 head units are very nice HU's as well.
Sad that the display and transport mech both break in just about all of them.

I have owned just about every single high end SQ HU out there, my top picks:

Pioneer DEX-P99RS, never selling mine, I love it too much. Spotify 320kbps>iPad>iOS input on P99RS=heaven

Clarion DRZ-9255 (HX-D3 if you can find it). Even the analog aux input sounds good. Classiest looking too. I also have one of these for an upcoming SQ build, I would only sell it to upgrade to the HX-D3. Horrible transport mech but I haven't used a CD in years.

Pioneer ODR, big $$$. My dream setup but too much $$$ and too many pieces to install.

Sony C90/XDP-4000X - the real winner here is the XDP, incredible sounding dsp, sadly very limited xover points.

iPad Mini--->Helix DSP

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad that the display and transport mech both break in just about all of them.
I have owned just about every single high end SQ HU out there, my top picks:

Pioneer DEX-P99RS, never selling mine, I love it to much. Spotify 320kbps>iPad>iOS input on P99RS=heaven

Clarion DRZ-9255 (HX-D3 if you can find it). Even the analog aux input sounds good. Classiest looking too. I also have one of these for an upcoming SQ build, I would only sell it to upgrade to the HX-D3. Horrible transport mech but I haven't used a CD in years.

Pioneer ODR, big $$$. My dream setup but too much $$$ and too many pieces to install.

Sony C90/XDP-4000X - the real winner here is the XDP, incredible sounding dsp, sadly very limited xover points.

iPad Mini--->Helix DSP
Have you ever owned any of the upper echelon Eclipses (not the AV head units, but earlier models)? Curious to hear your opinion of them, if you have owned any of them.

The 99 is a full blown processor. In realty you are getting a good deal at $1200. Considering a good HU is $300 and a good processor is $700. And you don't need a laptop and software to tune it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.