2003 Acura RSX. Newby build

Frank34

This is the car I always wanted, I finally got it and am going to install my first system. If you see me making ANY mistakes along the way, please steer me in the right direction.

This is what I have so far.

2 12" C2 Audio's in a custom box, a Nachamichi PA-1500 amp, and a Alpine MRV T701 amp. I also have a set of Soundstream 6.5 coaxs and a set of Morel Maximo 6.5 coaxs, not sure which I am going to use in the doors. The car has a pretty nice JVC head unit but I ordered a new Pioneer that should be here next week. The car had a system in it once before so the big 3 has already been done and the Acura comes stock with a 110 amp alt, so I think it should be fine for what I have. I am not going for the biggest or best system, just something that I will be happy with in my daily driver, plus the car pretty much deleted my spare cash. LOL. I will post up pictures of my progress as I go. As I said before ANY help or recommendations is incouraged because this is all new to me.

My new head unit should be here today, hopefully I will get the time to install it this weekend. I have to figure out now where I am going to run my RCA's and amp turn on leads. I was thinking of running them under the center console to the back, does anyone have any other recommendations?

My new head unit should be here today, hopefully I will get the time to install it this weekend. I have to figure out now where I am going to run my RCA's and amp turn on leads. I was thinking of running them under the center console to the back, does anyone have any other recommendations?
As long as they're decently separated from higher voltage wires, you can run them wherever it works for you

Well I got my system in my car. Those C2 Threatcon 2's are awesome!!!! I did run into a issue though, when I looked up the size of speakers that go in the back and in the door panels for a RSX, it called for 6.5" speakers but my 6.5's don't fit. I did have a older set of 5 1/4" Kickers and they will fit perfect. I am going to have to build some kind of brackets to make the rears fit and I guess I will have to buy a set of good 5 1/4" for my doors (I don't want to cut up my car in order to put a set of speakers in it). Does anyone have a recommendation for some reasonable 5 1/4" speakers that can handle some decent power?

I had SS 6.5's and had to cut a small bit out of the rear plastic speaker holes for them to fit. Tight squeeze. My old RSX is still my favorite car, enjoy yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had SS 6.5's and had to cut a small bit out of the rear plastic speaker holes for them to fit. Tight squeeze. My old RSX is still my favorite car, enjoy yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I noticed that it is just a shade smaller, how did you cut it? Was you able to use the stock speaker grills?

Yeah I was able to use the stock speaker grills. I think I just got mad and cut it with a few brand new razor blades. Been about 5 yrs so don't recall all the details but it looked stock after.

Yeah I was able to use the stock speaker grills. I think I just got mad and cut it with a few brand new razor blades. Been about 5 yrs so don't recall all the details but it looked stock after.
What did you do for the door speakers? Was you able to fit 6.5's without to much modifications?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.