Parking Brake Wire

mattfranz

Iowa
I've put in a couple head units before, amps, subs, speakers, etc. But I've never encountered one of these parking brake wires before. I don't really intend on bypassing it I'm just curious where I need to hook it up exactly. I have an 03 Cadillac CTS to be more specific. Thanks in advance for your help!

I have a Pioneer AVH-100DVD head unit and the wiring harness it came with has the green parking brake wire coming off of it. I have a PAC thing that I am going to use to retain the Bose sound system/OnStar in my car and the door chimes. If I don't hook it to anything than I will not be able to use the DVD system in my car correct?

Correct. To use it, you have to find the parking brake ground switch and splice it in, or you can use a toggle switch to ground to bypass it.

I'm having trouble finding the location of it online. How hard is it to bypass?
Very easy. With mine I just used a simple toggle switch. If i can remember correctly it was just ground to one end and the parking brake wire to the other. Then when you want to watch a movie, put the DVD in and flip switch back and forth.

Is there any way that does it automatically without having to flip a switch?
Yeah, use a relay

39108d1327548352-video-bypass-relay-wiring.jpg

its nice to have the manual switch just in case you ever get pulled over you can shut off the video. plus a switch is very easy to do. more so than the other 2 options.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif use the toggle switch to ground. its is the best bet especially with pioneer units..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.