Subwoofer Choice - SSA GCON vs Image Dynamics IDQ

SSA GCON vs Image Dynamics IDQ

• SSA GCON

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Image Dynamics IDQ

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

CrownXR

I will openly admit I am by no means an expert when it comes to audio equipment. I have in the past only purchased mainstream components, RF, JL, Kicker, and Boston Acoustics. My favorite of any of the mentioned was a Boston Acoustics 12.5LF due to its accuracy and preciseness. Was not a fan of Kicker or RF and JL was soso in my mind. It is time to replace my 12.5LF and started doing a little research. I have narrowed my search down to 2 options. Please give me honest opinions on both. It will be powered by a RF T600.2 Amplifier.

SSA GCON

Image Dynamics IDQ

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

What enclosure are you going to run? Ported or Sealed. I think both subs sealed would be fine however I think running ported you'd get more output from the Gcon. The ID is a nice SQ woofer while the Gcon is more SQL. I had a Dcon 10" a few years back and I loved it! I put it in 1.5^3 tuned pretty low and the output was amazing for a 10".

They build them as people order them, there will always be a wait for ssa subs.
Not always, it is just a matter of greater demand usually than build capacity. If there was greater build capacity, we would have some built.

Are there any dcon's built now? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
They are being built. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...