Getting frustrated

BigInch

What's up everyone, I'm just looking for any ideas/help, this thing is throwing me for a loop. Bought a truck, had a nice system, box under the back seat 2 - 10" kickers, JL audio Sub. It had a older pioneer deck, so I bought a new pioneer w/ipod hookup and hooked it all up exactly the same way, all the speakers work, amp's green power light is on, however my subs wont hit. I turned on the sub in the menu settings to normal and reverse neither would work. Triple checked RCA output (left on left/ right on right). They just wont hit and I cant figure out why. If you guys need more info/pics to help me out ill get it for you, thanks.

I went to a local car stereo place today "car toys" and the master installer wanted to charge me $150 to diagnose the problem, I told him man I cant justify spending that kind of money when everything works except the subs and the only thing I changed was the deck and RCA cables...

Brand new Kicker RCA's Gary, I even flip flopped the rca's while the stereo was playing to see if the speakers would start hitting, nothing. I guess I could try putting a multimeter on the ends to see if they are putting out juice, what should I look for on that? Is the sub level setting on the deck or the amp itself because the deck has a few settings and I messed with all of them

Brand new Kicker RCA's Gary, I even flip flopped the rca's while the stereo was playing to see if the speakers would start hitting, nothing. I guess I could try putting a multimeter on the ends to see if they are putting out juice, what should I look for on that? Is the sub level setting on the deck or the amp itself because the deck has a few settings and I messed with all of them
what do you have the amps settings, gain etc set to?

What deck, make sure you have the rca's connected to either rear/sub output on the back of the deck of sub out on the back of the deck. how many sets of rca's preouts does it have?

It has two sets of pre outs, one says front and one says sub. Its a DEH-X4600BT. DEH-X4600BT - <b>NEW!</b> - CD Receiver with MIXTRAX™, Bluetooth®, USB Control for iPod®/iPhone®, Android™ Media Access, and Pandora® Ready | Pioneer Electronics USA. Bgowdy, I didn't touch any of the settings on the amp because its in a ext. cab chevy and I didn't want to pull the back seat to get to it. The only thing I can reach is where the RCA cables hook into it. As far as the settings on the deck I went through everything changing it all up while the cd player was on to see if I could get it working, cut off freq. 50hz all the way to 200hz I messed with the output level from one extreme to the other, slope...etc.

Is there a way I can make sure the RCA cable is good? And Im thinking its a issue with the deck settings. What are good settings with the fader, HPF level and all that? Thanks

double check power at the amp. the light being on is not a given that the amp has power. some amps will use the remote wire for the amp light so even if the amp has no power down the main power cable the light is still on. What type of truck is it? You might just want to pull the back seat so you could retune the amp. If you can see the rca's then chances are you can see the switches on the amp. you might be able to tune it with just a flat head bit and a mirror.

well I swapped it out with a cd player out of my other truck and it was the RCA outputs off of the deck that are bad, I would imagine its not very common. I can't find my receipt so I'm just going to fill out the warranty and see if I can get it replaced because its brand new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.