DSO Nano 201 O-scope

ATOMICxTomato
10+ year member

So i purchased these neat little oscope of off ebay a couple of weeks ago to set the gains on my amp and figure out at what volume my headunit would start clipping. Thing is I have no idea on how it works. Ive looked up tutorials on youtube and google but still don't really know how this thing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

here is a video i made, i hope it helps

this is setting my subs if u are setting ur highs, u will just have to play with just those two, increase the ms and volts until u can see it, then raise ur gain until u see clipping then back off until u don't see clipping anymore.

Thanks brad, I had some time and made a video as well not knowing you did lol.

There are multiple ways of doing it with The ×10 selector switch on your probe.

Here's how I set mine up, my sub's are disconnected cuz I have a wall of 15's and it would be really loud but either way works fine.

Awesome, thanks for the vids, but i ran into a problem. The other day when i was going to try and tune my amp i noticed that one of the rca plugs had broken off and a piece of the jack got stuck inside. I tried to take it out by heating up a nail to see if it would stick to the piece stuck inside to take it out, but it didnt work. Any one know how to get it out?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Awesome, thanks for the vids, but i ran into a problem. The other day when i was going to try and tune my amp i noticed that one of the rca plugs had broken off and a piece of the jack got stuck inside. I tried to take it out by heating up a nail to see if it would stick to the piece stuck inside to take it out, but it didnt work. Any one know how to get it out?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Stuck inside the amplifier input?

If so definitely do not heat up a nail and insert into the jack, the jack is plastic and will melt or deform and you will *** it up.

Remove the bottom plate of the amp to expose the curcit board and you will have access to the back side of the rca jack and can push it from the inside out.

Stuck inside the amplifier input?
If so definitely do not heat up a nail and insert into the jack, the jack is plastic and will melt or deform and you will *** it up.

Remove the bottom plate of the amp to expose the curcit board and you will have access to the back side of the rca jack and can push it from the inside out.
Well unfortunately thats exactly what happened and now the piece is stuck in side. Any body know of any places that do amp repair in Dallas,Tx ?

So I got my amp back and everything. But when I play the test tone, I just get a really crazy looking wave, with spikes, its not nice and curvy like yours comes out. Anyone one what this might be? Im using a 50hz test tone at 0db, playing of my phone via aux cable.

Don't know know enough about this stuff yet to help you troubleshoot, but where do you have the o-scope leads attached on your amp?

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I recently purchased the same o-scope. How can I test the RCA outputs on the head unit? There's the two channels, do I need to join them first with a coupler or something?

So I got my amp back and everything. But when I play the test tone, I just get a really crazy looking wave, with spikes, its not nice and curvy like yours comes out. Anyone one what this might be? Im using a 50hz test tone at 0db, playing of my phone via aux cable.
You have to make sure you have a good connection and if you get a fuzzy wave that looks like this...

noise_zpsbf4a0f69.gif

Its called noise and you have to make sure your getting a clean signal.. Either your disk is not a good copy or your amp channel is no good.. Could be a lot of things actually, but what it IS for sure... Is NOT GOOD. LOL

Don't know know enough about this stuff yet to help you troubleshoot, but where do you have the o-scope leads attached on your amp?
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I recently purchased the same o-scope. How can I test the RCA outputs on the head unit? There's the two channels, do I need to join them first with a coupler or something?
What are you wanting to test for on the head unit, max volume before distortion?

You just hook it up to one set of rca outputs but will probably have to change your probe ×10 button or voltage, pretty much same as the amplifier output

Thank you for making the vid ! I got one a few months back and figured it out by messing with it for about an hour lol but went to use it the other day to set gains on new amp and couldnt get it to work again your vid is a big help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.