How do you fit 0 gauge wire into amp and fuse terminal.

Pyrofan

CarAudio.com Elite
Ga
So, i got a 0 gauge wire kit. The wire wont fit into the terminal on the fuse or into the amp. Im guessing i can trim it down and be fine? A little electrical tape to insulate it. On the terminal can i leave the branching out bit their and just wrap it in Ele Tape.

Thanks guys!

So, i got a onx 1500.1 and the input is 2 ga. Do i trim the wire down alot (mines oversized) or the wire kit i got came with the 0 ga spade terminal its a little big but could grind it or bend it to fit. Do i use the spade bit?

So, i got a onx 1500.1 and the input is 2 ga. Do i trim the wire down alot (mines oversized) or the wire kit i got came with the 0 ga spade terminal its a little big but could grind it or bend it to fit. Do i use the spade bit?
i'd seriously recommend you getting reducers then a lot less hassle, cleaner setup and better power flow..

Reducers will look and probably function better. Trimming will work but it's pretty ghetto. I would think you're going to show this off so reducers would be my choice.

i'd seriously recommend you getting reducers then a lot less hassle, cleaner setup and better power flow..
I would this is gonna be hidden. Just need it to work safely.

Reducers will look and probably function better. Trimming will work but it's pretty ghetto. I would think you're going to show this off so reducers would be my choice.
Its gonna be hidden and im on a tight budget. What will happen if their is lose strands?

I would this is gonna be hidden. Just need it to work safely.

Its gonna be hidden and im on a tight budget. What will happen if their is lose strands?
good chance of shorting out the amp or blowing a fuse if its fused. Mainly because the positive and negative terminals are very close to each other. reducers are only 4 dollars each, 8 dollars insurance for your whole amp setup. They are reusable for any future setups too so its worth it man.

But if your really really tight on money, you could trim but make sure its a clean trim and isolate everything off with electrical tape Make sure you finish with one side completely before you start the other.

good chance of shorting out the amp or blowing a fuse if its fused. Mainly because the positive and negative terminals are very close to each other. reducers are only 4 dollars each, 8 dollars insurance for your whole amp setup. They are reusable for any future setups too so its worth it man.
But if your really really tight on money, you could trim but make sure its a clean trim and isolate everything off with electrical tape Make sure you finish with one side completely before you start the other.
Yes. But wont the reducers touch? Im pretty sure they will. So then i would need a Dis block and some 4 gauge wire. The Manual says the terminal is 2 gauge but its about half the size of the 0 gauge. Seems a little small for 2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.