Will this hurt anything

bradl79
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NLR
I had put a fan in my trunk due to my trunk gets real hot and amps are getting hot, i set gains properly, but on the fan i had put the power and ground to one of my amps and the fan is constantly on, will this hurt anything like the amp or drain my car battery at all

9411546783_bb8cd590f1_h.jpg

I would have put the power into the remote wire terminal on the amp. You dont want thay to run all the time and i think puttimg it in there will shut it off with the car

will the remote have enought to power it?, so with it connected to the amp like that, is that going to be ok?

Or he could get a relay and do it right lol ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/coolpics.gif.41034c1231c8412f6248c242e1e491af.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nutkick.gif.acc8dcd6c1bd27fba0cbeda5b212085c.gif

If it is that hot, which i'm sure it is at LR AR, i'd make a cooling amp rack running 2 fans in a push/pull configuration for each amp with a relay like timmy said. It shouldnt cost too much but its good protection for your expensive equipment.

any help on how i would set up a relay please?
I would like a simple guide to this as well if it isn't too much trouble. Coming from car relays, it should just be a specific relay with correct handling capabilities, and a description of which of the 4/3 posts go to which power cable and the ground cables. Correct?

any help on how i would set up a relay please?
You can do a push pull amp rack and just wire the ground to ground and power to remote on the amp it won't hurt nothin and will turn off with the amp there's plenty power for that fan they only run off .5 amps your fine without spending money on a relay

You can do a push pull amp rack and just wire the ground to ground and power to remote on the amp it won't hurt nothin and will turn off with the amp there's plenty power for that fan they only run off .5 amps your fine without spending money on a relay
Your stealing from a already low preout voltage in most cases that's a bad idea ..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.